Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for AEK Athens

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Well, he's started all four Premier League games this season that he was fit for.

I think RDZ very much sees him as his first choice on the right.

Like every manager that preceded him, it seems RDZ sees the merit in Solly March far more than a small section of the Albion fanbase.

I was trying to put the case for Solly being a guaranteed starter, obviously very badly :facepalm:

I should have said guaranteed, not first choice :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was putting the case for Solly being a guaranteed starter, obviously very badly :lolol:
Sorry.

Solly March being the greatest footballer ever is a hill I'm prepared to die on.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Our options up front are insane.

Ferguson, Fati, March, Mitoma, Welbeck, Pedro, Adingra.

Last season we were deafened by the clamour of 'we need a striker'.

Look at us now.
I believe the clamour was for a centre forward, there’s only really 2 in that list. Let’s face it we didn’t splash the cash on one because the club saw Ferguson coming through.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I have absolutely no idea, he'll have studied AEK and pick accordingly. Dunk and Gross are probably automatic choices, perm any other 9 to join them.

Can't wait though.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Steele
Milner - JPVH - Dunk - Estupinan
Gross - Gilmour
March - Pedro - Mitoma
Welbeck​

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looking at the betting odds for the match (I was surprised how long AEK Athens are) put out the reserves to give them a chance 😉

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I believe the clamour was for a centre forward, there’s only really 2 in that list. Let’s face it we didn’t splash the cash on one because the club saw Ferguson coming through.
Joao Pedro has played at 9 as well as 10, through his career, so I think you need to count him too.

Bit more of a stretch, but I think Adingra has played at CF before, too.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Having Tariq back seemingly 100% fit is such a bonus and a brilliant back up for Pervis if needed ,I fully expect Fati to start and possibly see Baleba off the bench, Welbeck played a blinder v Utd but I think Pedro will get the nod playing a bit deeper that Fati, can't really drop Pascal or Veltman both were excellent v Utd ,March for Andringa probably,we really do now have cover for each position on the pitch so good luck picking a team Mr RDZ.

Steele
Veltman
Igor
Dunk
Estupinan
Gross
March
Gilmour
Mitoma
Pedro
Fati.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Verbruggen
Veltman - JPVH - Dunk - Estupinan
Gross - Gilmour
Adingra - Fati - Mitoma
Welbeck​

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Verbruggen
Veltman Dunk Van Hecke Estupinan
Milner Dahoud
Adingra Fati Mitoma
Welbeck

I think he'll want to put as much European experience into the side so I think Fati is nailed on to start the game, along with Veltman and Milner in particular.
Think we'll see Gross instead of Milner and I don't think Welbeck will start (though he will for all the away UEL games). Would expect it to be Ferguson but I wouldn't be shocked if we see a repeat of the last 30 mins of United with Pedro and Fati interchanging constantly as the most forward player. March for Adingra as well providing he's fit.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Steele

Veltman
Pervis
Dunk
Webby

Mitoma
March
Gilmour
Gross

Pedro
Ferguson

Im going with a 11 made of largely the players that got us to qualify.

If Julio was fit I would have started him over Pedro.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
----------- one of the two -------------
Veltman -- JPVH -- Dunk -- Estipunan
-------- Gilmour -------- Gross --------
March ----- Joao Pedro ------ Mitoma
---------- one of the two --------------

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Your’re a brave man to not include Gross in the team . I would say that unless he gets injured in training , Gross is 99% likely to start .
Honestly, I totally forgot about him. I'm really disappointed with myself, it's a ridiculous oversight. I think Gross is just behind Dunk as our best players and I forgot he existed when assembling my team. I can't believe it, he doesn't deserve that.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
What this team will be might depend on how strong he wants to go against Bournemouth. I'm sure he'll want to be as strong as possible on Thursday, so he 'could' rotate Mitoma out for Fati, although i doubt it.

Verbruggen
Milner JP Dunk Pervis
Gilmour Gross
March Fati Mitoma
Ferguson

That's my guess

With Velts, Webster, Dahoud, Lallana, Pedro and Welbeck back in on Sunday.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
What this team will be might depend on how strong he wants to go against Bournemouth. I'm sure he'll want to be as strong as possible on Thursday, so he 'could' rotate Mitoma out for Fati, although i doubt it.

Verbruggen
Milner JP Dunk Pervis
Gilmour Gross
March Fati Mitoma
Ferguson

That's my guess

With Velts, Webster, Dahoud, Lallana, Pedro and Welbeck back in on Sunday.
Looks good to me.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
The fact that it is at home, as is the game on Sunday means there is less issue about playing Thursday and Sunday as no travel involved.
I would be surprised to see Lamptey or Lallana start two games in a week.
Pervis is a sure starter, and would think Gilmour would come into the midfield. Up top, who knows like a kid in a sweet shop, too much choice.
The other issue is that if Pervis and Solly are fit, at least two of the squad from Saturday have to drop out completely (3 if Buannotte is also included, but that's less likely).

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The fact that it is at home, as is the game on Sunday means there is less issue about playing Thursday and Sunday as no travel involved.
I would be surprised to see Lamptey or Lallana start two games in a week.
Pervis is a sure starter, and would think Gilmour would come into the midfield. Up top, who knows like a kid in a sweet shop, too much choice.
The other issue is that if Pervis and Solly are fit, at least two of the squad from Saturday have to drop out completely (3 if Buannotte is also included, but that's less likely).
All good points

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here