Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Team Cops or team Kids?

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Kids are easy targets? Are you sure about that?

Easier than full size criminals. As I said before, that video gives no indication as to what the kids may have been doing, so until that becomes anything other than speculation, I don't know how anyone can be on the side of anyone else.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Police all the way. Kids should have gone home when told to.

If they were happy to stand their ground against Police officers at their age hopefully this might encourage some parental involvement.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Team kids all the way. Absolutely no need for that shit. (unless the lead up to the start of the video is much worse).

One young person has already been arrested and can be seen in handcuffs at the very start of the video.
Two links on this thread ( yes I know one is the Daily Mail ) the reports mention a stolen bike, fighting, a woman assaulted and someone in hospital ( could be the young woman)
Also one report mentions 5 arrests, ages of the arrested 15- to early 30s.

It's all unclear what actually happened before it kicked off.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
On the basis of the video only. I thought the conduct of both was a disgrace. The kids are being mouthy and obnoxious as teenagers often are and its hard to have any sympathy for them and the police are gung ho bullies completely overreacting to the situation especially the one who runs across to make the rugby tackle for no reason that can been seen from the film at least.

I despair of society, probably in the same way that my parents did when I was there age...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I can't believe a trained police officer can come out with a line such as, "You'll start getting nicked, you'll start getting nicked, all of you motherf***ers are going to get nicked."

Quite. Think someone has been watching too many US tv cop shows.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
On the basis of the video only. I thought the conduct of both was a disgrace. The kids are being mouthy and obnoxious as teenagers often are and its hard to have any sympathy for them and the police are gung ho bullies completely overreacting to the situation especially the one who runs across to make the rugby tackle for no reason that can been seen from the film at least.

I despair of society, probably in the same way that my parents did when I was there age...

Oh come on the rugby tackle is superb, what's not to like?

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Yeh right - and that never happened to some poor tourist in Brighton recently did it.........

Can't find the link to the NSC thread on it, but it's there somewhere.

Lots of examples of police telling people not to film them on YouTube when they have no right to. The law is very clear in this matter, you have no right to privacy in public, including the police.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here