• Total voters

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
How about “ team be nice to each other rather than be a dick “

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One for team car. A new law could see cyclist required to have number plates and insurance.

just silly season paper filler. zero enforcability. we just need some proper guidance and enforcement of existing rules to punish inconsiderate or dangerous cyclist. if they have an accident they should be held liable and accountable, so leave up to them to seek insurance cover.

SAC

May 21, 2014
One for team car. A new law could see cyclist required to have number plates and insurance.

I can't see it ever happening. It's just Grant Shapps appealing to cyclist hating Daily Mail readers. He was going on about speeding cyclists when the number of cyclists who could possibly get close to the speed limit must be very few.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
just silly season paper filler. zero enforcability. we just need some proper guidance and enforcement of existing rules to punish inconsiderate or dangerous cyclist. if they have an accident they should be held liable and accountable, so leave up to them to seek insurance cover.

This. There simply aren't enough police officers / dashcam users willing to send in footage out on the roads to enforce any of our road rules properly. It goes for everyone: every time a road user gets away with doing something stupid / against the rules because there's no one around to enforce, that road user becomes more likely to repeat the wrong.

For me ... I'd be looking at mandatory built-in front-and-rear dash cams for all new vehicles. Many already have cameras for various reasons anyway (parking, road sign recognition, etc), just a matter of making use of them and ensuring they are installed in all vehicles rather than being an optional extra. Improve the technology to give the owner of the vehicle a simple one-touch process for both saving off any footage that might be needed later, and then submitting that footage to authorities.

Put road users in a mindset that how they act on the roads is more likely to be seen and actioned than not, and we'll start seeing less knobbery on the roads. From everyone.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I can't see it ever happening. It's just Grant Shapps appealing to cyclist hating Daily Mail readers. He was going on about speeding cyclists when the number of cyclists who could possibly get close to the speed limit must be very few.

I’m more team bike myself, don’t drive that often. Agree that the roads should be safe for everyone. A bit of patience from both side would go a long way.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I’m more team bike myself, don’t drive that often. Agree that the roads should be safe for everyone. A bit of patience from both side would go a long way.

As with most things in life!

However, I can't see it happening (the law or everyone having any patience).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The people who jump red lights are the same people who will ride without a number plate or insurance. It wouldn't change anything. Anyway, it's just Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox stoking the culture wars again.

cyclists.jpg

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Not sure cyclists can 'speed' only 'cycling furiously'?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Electric bikes mean a 30 mph is pretty easy on a constant run on the flat. I can get to 30 downhill on my push mountain bike giving it some. This is probably the game changer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Nanny state.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tue Daily Mail have been clickbait saber rattling for a couple of weeks now.

I think the penny has finally dropped they've realised we are all in the shite and they've finally accepted who's to blame.
Feck all they can do about it now so

Look over there everybody...

...cyclists.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
The people who jump red lights are the same people who will ride without a number plate or insurance. It wouldn't change anything. Anyway, it's just Michael Green, Corinne Stockheath and Sebastian Fox stoking the culture wars again.

View attachment 150938

To quote the very same paper from a few months back: 'DONT THEY KNOW THERE'S A WAR GOING ON?'

Can't believe they didn't manage to fit in the Rwanda stor... Oh :eek:

Twats.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here