Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team against Saints Tuesday

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
If he's not left by then, would Towell start as #10?

Button
Bernardo Barclay White Suttner
Bissouma Kayal
Ali J. Towell Gyokeres
Locadia

Subs: Steele, Bong, Balogun, Normann, March, Gross, Connolly.

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Interesting looking at various starting XI's I thought Bloom said he was keen on cup runs as well as Premier survival.

Why not start strong and adjust accordingly, I'm sure players would rather play than train.

Lewes Punk

Feb 11, 2018
Very much doubt we'll play 442. Imagine keeping the same formation as the first team will be the order of the day.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Sorry misunderstood but I do not like Bernado at tight back, I think that when Izzy is back they will work well together on the left.

Oh er Misses. Does Bernado like it tight at the back?
Must be that Omsungephonethingy again!

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Button
Bernardo
White
Duffy
Suttner
Ali J
Kayal
Propper
Gyokeres
Gross
Locadio

Bernardo at RB is a worry, but it allows Suttner to play LB.
With a changed back line Duffy or Balogun must play CB for their experience.
I would play Bissouma against Fulham rather than Propper because Fulham have a dodgy defence.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
given the defensive injuries ... line up could now be

Button

Bernado - Balogun - Barclay - Suttner
Ali J - Kayal - Bissouma - Gyokeres
Gross
Locadia

should be good enough to give Saints a run for their money

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
Interesting looking at various starting XI's I thought Bloom said he was keen on cup runs as well as Premier survival.

Why not start strong and adjust accordingly, I'm sure players would rather play than train.

I'm in this camp too. It's the only realistic chance we've got to WIN a proper trophy - and qualify for European football. The big clubs in Europe this year won't take it seriously until later - so to give ourselves a chance why not actually try and win something. Why not believe that the investment in the squad is enough to keep us in the Premier League again - and focus on success rather than the minimum required to not fail. The scourge of modern football - aiming for success is dangerous......

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I would love for us to really go for the cup's , strongest team where possible , but the reality is and always will be ... the prem comes first and has priority so will always have the best players held back for it to keep them fresh and injury free.

I can understand the prem comes first after all it brings in more money than a cup run , but I would still like us to have a go with a really strong team in all the rounds , apart from anything it helps build that 'winning feeling'

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Here you go, 9 changes

Button
Schelletto Balogun Barclay Bernado
Ali Kayal Bissouma Suttner
Gross
Locadia

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I'm in this camp too. It's the only realistic chance we've got to WIN a proper trophy - and qualify for European football. The big clubs in Europe this year won't take it seriously until later - so to give ourselves a chance why not actually try and win something. Why not believe that the investment in the squad is enough to keep us in the Premier League again - and focus on success rather than the minimum required to not fail. The scourge of modern football - aiming for success is dangerous......

Qualifying for Europe is the last thing we need in the first 10 seasons in the PL, look what it did for Birmingham, Wigan and now Burnley

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I’ve just seen they are using VAR in some games but not all, how is this a thing?

Surely it should be all or none?

Different rules in the same cup

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
———————-button———————-

Montoya——Bernardo—-barclay—-suttner

—————kayal——-bissouma—————

Ali————————————————Swede

—————-Connolly—-locadia————-

Bench:
Steele
Bong
Kerr
Stephens
Tilley
March
Gross

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I’ve just seen they are using VAR in some games but not all, how is this a thing?

Surely it should be all or none?

Different rules in the same cup

Because they are testing it.

You will notice the grounds they are testing it at are Premier League grounds which have the correct facilities. It's unlikely to ever be 'all or none' in the FA Cup or League Cup.

It's not different rules, it's the better application of the same rules/laws of the game in some of the fixtures, and not others.

There's really no controversy about that. As I said, it's unlikely to ever be all or none in the cups, and they can't implement it in the Premier League until it's properly tested.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here