Tea.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Can't live without the stuff, pretty much the same way others can't survive without alcohol.

White one sugar Tetley or PG tips strong milk in after the bags out.
10-12 cups a day, if I don't have one for a few hours, ie customers don't offer I start getting headaches, am I addicted :lol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Can't live without the stuff, pretty much the same way others can't survive without alcohol.

White one sugar Tetley or PG tips strong milk in after the bags out.
10-12 cups a day, if I don't have one for a few hours, ie customers don't offer I start getting headaches, am I addicted :lol:

Sounds like me, typical tradesman!
I think some of today's customers had kettles that were broken:rant:

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Why does no one use loose leaf tea? I don't buy expensive stuff (tescos own about £1.25) and it tastes vastly superior to much more expensive 'bagged' tea.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
cant quite believe so many people have been hoodwinked by the mass market Yorkshire Tea,Tetley or Ty-Phoo usual suspects.

There is a perfectly good,i might say superb blender of tea right on our Sussex doorstep,we should be supporting the local lads.
Their blend of tea is every bit as good as the blends from yorkshire tea or tetley or any of these mass market chaps.

I constantly post tea bags to relatives in the States who want proper tea bags and not the "British crap" they get in Walmart or Publix like yorkshire tea or PG Tips.................. their request everytime is for Kendricks Sussex blend tea

http://www.kendricks.co.uk/

they are based in Ferring/Worthing

sussex-blend-tea-bags17.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Assam from Taylors of Harrogate, I buy in bulk through Amazon.

lola

Jul 28, 2014
Finland
I learn to take my tea white when I worked in England ( normally I drink coffee but your coffee is not so good in my taste ) so I drink tea when Im in England. Sometimes I have a cup of tea here in Finland too then I use Russian black tea whit milk and sugar (our tea is sh** like your coffee)

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I am a snob when it comes to tea. I detest cheap tea so no own brands and definitely not that most vile of concoctions... Yorkshire tea. Typhoo or Tetley for "everyday" tea. Twinings Breakfast Tea for company and Earl Grey for reflective afternoon drink.

Milk in after... how else can I ensure it is the right quantity! Heavily stewed - I probably leave the bag in twice as long as most people (occasionally just leave the bag in while I drink it). Half a sugar - I'd really like to remove it completely but can't seem to take that last step (and a whole teaspoonful or more will make me sick!).

You're a tea snob, but you put sugar in it?

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Why does no one use loose leaf tea? I don't buy expensive stuff (tescos own about £1.25) and it tastes vastly superior to much more expensive 'bagged' tea.

Yeah you cant beat loose leaf without a doubt. Since Ive been making loose leaf over the last 18months Ive become abit of a tea snob haha I can taste the paper on tea bags now, sometimes though I cant be bothered to make loose leaf so use tea bags and often just leave in the cup to make it strong as possible.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I spent years trying to find a good cup of tea, something that hit the spot every time. Yorkshire Tea, PG tips and all the brands never quite did it. Then one day i had a cup a t a friends house that was perfect. Strong, full flavoured, perfect colour. And costs peanuts...

View attachment 57989

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Always annoys me when people put milk in before the teabag. It's a pet hate of mine.

Milk and teabag should never occupy the cup at the same time

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Usually get through about 200 bags a week between two of us, so I've taken to buying in scary bulk when my preferred brand (Lyons Green Label) is on offer. Luckily every supermarket is taking it in turns for 160 bag boxes on half price the last few weeks so I should have enough til October maybe.

Have cut down my daytime consumption a lot as my current job has Barrys rather than Lyons and there's just something a bit off about it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports