Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tea/coffee and late 1901 ticket - Paul Barber reply and then another Paul Barber reply

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We're really arguing about tea and coffee at the football now - RIP football :lol;

As has been pointed out many times on this thread it's nothing to do with tea and coffee. It's about communication and treating the fans as people who want the best for the club rather than as 'customers' who can only be fed bad news if it's wrapped in marketing bullshit.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
FFS, get over yourself!!! So there's been a cock up on the tickets and you are no longer getting a freebie coffee!!! Have you nothing better to do then think up a fictious letter you would have liked to receive? 1901 club really does seem to be full of whinging muppets!

Come on Totton, you're quite sensible normally.

Surely you can see that the non-arrival of tickets is incredibly annoying?

I'm fairly certain season ticket holders would react the same way. This could and should have been avoided, and hopefully the club will learn lessons.

The tickets need to go out when pre-season starts, if people are stupid enough to lose/misplace them then they'll have to pay a replacement fee.

Re the coffee - frankly I don't care, it was vile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
What a shame the football has started! It will get in the way of discussing much more important things like this ...!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Sorry you miss the subtlety of the protest - my point is there is another way for Barber to respond that I'd respect a hell of a lot more. To be very honest until I receive the tickets that I have paid well over £3000 for this season alone I'll continue to protest in any (legal) way I feel appropriate - it isn't about coffee.

Presumably though if you haven't received them by Friday the club will still let you in. I'm sure it can all be sorted amicably and doesn't need a physical ticket to appear, particularly in 1901. When I had my one (birthday) visit to 1901 for a match the staff couldn't have been more helpful. I would presume that people are doing their best to help.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Yes, yes we did. Chips were available from the dog burger van and were about the least poisonous catering option in the South Stand.

what?!

God damn it. The one time I bothered to queue up for the vans there they said they didn't have any. Were they something that came later, did I get unlucky, or is my memory failing at the young age of 28?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
what?!

God damn it. The one time I bothered to queue up for the vans there they said they didn't have any. Were they something that came later, did I get unlucky, or is my memory failing at the young age of 28?

There were definitely plenty of sausage / fish / pie and chips available from the catering vans at the South Stand entrance at Withdean.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
what?!

Yep THPP is correct..I would go so far as to say chips were the only edible option on the menu at Withdean....when combined with curry sauce of course. Not sure I could have coped with being constantly drenched in the rain without that combo....

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
what?!

Memory fail maybe? The chips were actually quite decent. Generous portions too. There were even FORKS.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yep THPP is correct..I would go so far as to say chips were the only edible option on the menu at Withdean....when combined with curry sauce of course. Not sure I could have coped with being constantly drenched in the rain without that combo....
mmmm.... Chips and Curry sauce.

I suppose the new curry and heineken outlets are a start.

***please be one in WSU***

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Great. this means that for years I missed out on food at Withdean because of me just not realising it was decent. I was probably a little drunk one time and misheard something/someone and then my memory has decided it was fact.

I must have wasted hundreds if not thousands of pounds on lunches from M&S food at Gatwick station on the way to and from games.

I apologise one and all, I have been a fool

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Great. this means that for years I missed out on food at Withdean because of me just not realising it was decent. I was probably a little drunk one time and misheard something/someone and then my memory has decided it was fact.

I must have wasted hundreds if not thousands of pounds on lunches from M&S food at Gatwick station on the way to and from games.

I apologise one and all, I have been a fool

Yeah, thanks for the apology. Would have been nice getting that extra striker in fourth division days with the extra funds from catering... and people complain about communication now !!!!!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Frankly i'm rather glad the free tea has finished , i always felt a little uncomfortable asking for more milk

eb49c616e6cca3d5370132c26adb6999.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

You'll be disappointed with that effort :lol:

southasp

Jan 24, 2009
portslade
Good news, our 4 x 1901 tickets arrived this morning, bad news is that they were sent to a company in Worthing. We are based in Portslade !
Luckily the Worthing company are people who we deal with quite regularly, realised who the tickets belonged to and personally delivered them to us.
Superb service.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"With regard to the presentation boxes themselves, they have served two purposes: firstly, they were designed as a response to previous feedback from 1901 Club members who did not like passes being distributed in plain jiffy bags and wanted to receive their passes in more prestigious packaging to reflect 1901 Club membership; "

I struggle to believe supporters have highlighted/requested their membership packs (card and lanyard) be sent in a fancy box to reflect the status of 1901. And a plan Jiffy bag isn't the only alternative which I kind of suggested. A gold envelope would surely cover all bases 1) Poncy 2) cheaper 3) fits in letter box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here