Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TB's loan / investment in BHAFC

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I'm not sure that makes any sense.

It feels like me asking my Mum to lend me a tenner and then an hour later saying "Here Mum, take this ten pounds and buy yourself something nice."

Just who does the supposed £30m belong to?

(Paging [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION])

It doesn't add up to me either. The only possibility is that the board suggested to TB he could take £30m of the monies due from Sky this season. That would be financially daft though as it would increase the chance of relegation, and we'd be back in the Championship which is a licence to lose money.

I'm estimating losses of £40m for last season, so why return to that by giving TB £30m now?

A couple of other things from the financials suggest more rather than less investment.

(1) The club has increased the limit on the number of shares it could potentially issue from 100 million to 200 million. These shares may be issued to TB (he currently owns 93%) OR the mythical foreign investor that so many talk about. I talk to some of the guys who try to organise deals in relation to clubs and tend to hear chatter and gossip, the Albion have not been mentioned.

If something does occur it's most likely to be selling 10-15% to an overseas group similar to what's happened at Manchester City or Plucky Little Bournemouth.

(2) The club created £40m of new loan notes last year, the only man likely to buy those is TB himself. In theory his existing loans are due for repayment in 2023, but I'm relatively relaxed about that as I can't see the club having the cash or TB insisting on repayment. He's spent years getting the Albion to where we are so why destroy it, especially as he's as passionate a fan as we are.

IMG_0404.PNG

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

It feels like me asking my Mum to lend me a tenner and then an hour later saying "Here Mum, take this ten pounds and buy yourself something nice."

It doesn't add up to me either. The only possibility is that the board suggested to TB he could take £30m of the monies due from Sky this season. That would be financially daft though as it would increase the chance of relegation, and we'd be back in the Championship which is a licence to lose money.

I had heard this same story elsewhere. All I took it to mean, was that one or more of the directors, at a board meeting, raised a suggestion that they'd support Tony taking a repayment if he wished.

And he said "Nah. Y'alright"

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing

Effectively, I was told that as a result of the initial Premier League windfall that the club received in the early summer, the discussion at board level included whether TB should be 'repaid'. An offer was made, and politely declined.

I suppose it highlights again that TB doesn't view himself bigger than the club

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I had heard this same story elsewhere. All I took it to mean, was that one or more of the directors, at a board meeting, raised a suggestion that they'd support Tony taking a repayment if he wished.

And he said "Nah. Y'alright"

Yep that sums it up I reckon!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've posted this elsewhere a few weeks ago, but I was told by a source extremely close to a director that TB was offered £30m by the board at the end of last season as a 'thankyou' and part repayment.
TB declined with thanks, and said he wanted it all kept in the club and was not looking for money back.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I'm not going to name the director!

This post (and similar) just came up in conversation with a very senior club source and I was told that it was absolute nonsense.

Without wishing to be rude about your source, they seem to have got this one wrong.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
This post (and similar) just came up in conversation with a very senior club source and I was told that it was absolute nonsense.

Without wishing to be rude about your source, they seem to have got this one wrong.

Fair do's. I will feed back to my source with a firm foot, as I abhor being fed BS if this is indeed the case.
Hopefully my history reflects that I don't embellish!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here