Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor Richards

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Struggling to see what was wrong with that. I just read that he wanted to play football and enjoy himself and that he considered Doncaster a great opportunity rather than a step down, a reassuringly mature attitude i think. Will be interesting to see what our plans are for Taylor next.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Struggling to see what was wrong with that. I just read that he wanted to play football and enjoy himself and that he considered Doncaster a great opportunity rather than a step down, a reassuringly mature attitude i think. Will be interesting to see what our plans are for Taylor next.

Agreed……too much analysis of a few words. Suspect it means he just wanted to play - and he has, loads.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Agree. People seeking conspiracy where none may exist. It's just a line from an interview and unless you can see the transcript of the whole interview people have no idea of the context.

ifightbears

Jul 19, 2010
Cornwall
I did notice that he wasn't in the u23 preseason pictures, unlike other recent loanees Roberts & Longman... Whether this just means he's carrying an injury or is seen as a first team squad player now. Or on his way either on loan or permanent, I don't know.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton

Agree. Just an off hand comment, not worth worrying over. Probably just stressing how different an environment it is moving from empty u23 games to an actual competitive football league playing against senior pros. That’s my take on it anyway.

The fact he left City to get a chance to play tells me all I need to know about his character.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I did notice that he wasn't in the u23 preseason pictures, unlike other recent loanees Roberts & Longman... Whether this just means he's carrying an injury or is seen as a first team squad player now. Or on his way either on loan or permanent, I don't know.

He did last pre season with the first team squad.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hope we look to integrate him or get him a final loan in the Championship before he comes into the first team. Looks decent.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
On the bench for QPR away at Blackburn.

Remember his debut in a pre-season game at Crawley where he scored the winner min a 1-0 win, he looked impressive that day. That was a few seasons ago now.

I thought he might have pushed on a bit more since then to be honest. Good to see him playing in the Championship now though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here