Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taylor already ignoring new guidelines

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It’s the angle he came in at. Most people will go down if you shoulder barge them in that position.

If the players were running on the same trajectory, no penalty but Pervis was hit hard from the side. The West Ham player was not travelling towards the ball, it was a foul all day.
Maybe it's karma. Do you recall Pervis' tackle at home to Bournemouth last season. Ref waived it away and curiously VAR agreed but for me it looked a blatant shoulder charge on the man with no attempt to play the ball.

I also thought the theatrical swan dive today did us no favour

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I saw him wave away several valid claims for fouls (and 2 penalties) by Brighton players but give free kicks each time a West Ham player shielded the ball, waited for contact and dived forward. As you say naive, or bent, and shit. Maybe Moyes is also his mate, along with Dean?
It’s the little timewasting to waste 30 sec tricks they don’t see, aknowledge or seemingly add on for me. Put the free kick or throw in down from the wrong place and act dumb and wait to be told to move 20 yards. Down injured but not bad enough for the physio etc et. - they fall for it every time.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It’s the little timewasting to waste 30 sec tricks they don’t see, aknowledge or seemingly add on for me. Put the free kick or throw in down from the wrong place and act dumb and wait to be told to move 20 yards. Down injured but not bad enough for the physio etc et. - they fall for it every time.
Was it Emerson who went down and spent about a minute banging the turf before getting up when he realised there was no card coming?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Was it Emerson who went down and spent about a minute banging the turf before getting up when he realised there was no card coming?
There was loads of it off the ball today. It’s so annoying to watch!

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For me it was from quite early on where you felt Taylor was going to give us nothing.

He must be grateful that we gave West Ham three goals so he didn't have to do anything blatant.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
We didn’t lose because of the ref. We were Moysed. Exploited the Milner/Webster axis.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
The frustrating thing with all of this is we of course know that if it’s rashford crossing the ball in at old Trafford and one of our defenders finds themselves in the same position as Coufal then it’s a penalty all day long…..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don’t think the ref was THAT bad but he didn’t give us much, I put our loss down to defensive errors, great defending by West Ham, great finishing by them and a ball that bounced very kindly for them most of the game. Shit happens.

If Taylor had given pens for the tackle on Mitoma and the hand ball I doubt VAR would have overturned it but neither were nailed on errors, more interpretation.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
In the second half a West Ham player knocked the ball away before our free kick which in previous 2 weeks of the season yellows have been given for.
Arrron Mooy got sent of at Villa for doing that years ago, the inconsistency in the game is shocking.
Looking forward to seeing some European refs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here