Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Taxis from the Amex

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
I've also used them home and away for some time. We always had the same single decker and driver for home games - until this season! We now seem to get a different double decker and driver every week with a number of associated problems ... including having to change buses for return journeys and breakdowns. Will make decision whether or not to buy a ST from them for next season when I get the email with cost and what changes they're making to the service to improve things.

First season on the Match Day express and it’s been brilliant for me, sure have to pay for it and part of me has the view that my travel concession should be redistributed as I don’t use the train but takes a lot of hassle out when travelling with an under 10

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
First season on the Match Day express and it’s been brilliant for me, sure have to pay for it and part of me has the view that my travel concession should be redistributed as I don’t use the train but takes a lot of hassle out when travelling with an under 10

I can totally get how that works for you with a youngster :thumbsup:

I use the Matchday Bus Service - which was always great, even though we had this really old and battered single decker bus. This season things have changed. I keep going around in circles looking at different travel options. I guess I'll see what the renewal price is and what Darren says about the 'new' service. A number of times this year we didn't go back on the bus we arrived on - which means you have to go hunting for your return bus number. Not a big deal for me, but we do have a few older and less mobile people that travel with us that makes it not ideal. On one match day, we were told we'd be returning on a different bus ... eventually found it (nowhere near where our original bus was parked), to find out the return bus had broken down! The delay in getting a new bus for us on that particular day was a real pain for me. Darren has said that next season we'll travel on the same bus - to and from The Amex - which is at least an acknowledgement it's been causing a few issues.

So a few small small things to consider, I guess ... rather than anything major.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
After the game the best taxi pick up place is the village shop.

TB

I feel really guilty even posting this question about taxi's. ST hasn't let me down getting me to a home or away fixture. Sure we've had breakdowns or got lost but never missed a KO. And at the Amex it is so convenient walking out the ground and into a coach whatever the weather. Sitting in the warm for 30 minutes to get out beats any P&R queue. But when I catch the coach I'm watching others jump on a bus for free. Is a walk from the A27 along with the return across the A27 and a wait for the return bus worth paying £300 to avoid. The farm shop may well be an alternative. As mentioned, all oap's and long walks are out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here