Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Taxi driver takes passenger passport

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Pay up or the cat gets it! It links with the news today of a tiger* being found in a car boot!!! * er very weeny tiger pup.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
ID purposes I'd imagine. I used to carry my passport around with me in my younger years.
This is correct. I only accept an original passport or driving licence as ID.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
I think the real question we need answered here, 4 years later, is what happened to the taxi driver?

@wallyback

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wtf is the bloke doing taking a taxi without the means to pay for it. Can clearly hear the taxi driver telling him to go get the money but the cat owner has no intention to pay.

This unfortunately is a regular occurrence as a taxi driver. Theft imo.
Why not just get everyone to pre-pay on the app? Works for Uber and the tech is definitely there for 204060 etc.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
TaxiLink now have an app where you can pre-pay. Not sure if it was around 4 years ago though.
Sure, but I was responding to "now is a regular occurrence".

I can't see a downside. It gets rid of rank queues, ensures you get the correct cab you've ordered, cabbie gets paid and local cabbie competes directly with Uber. Unless I'm missing something (like maybe the odd cash fare being "mislaid")?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Sure, but I was responding to "now is a regular occurrence".

I can't see a downside. It gets rid of rank queues, ensures you get the correct cab you've ordered, cabbie gets paid and local cabbie competes directly with Uber. Unless I'm missing something (like maybe the odd cash fare being "mislaid")?
Exactly your last line in a nutshell. Got a good mate who drives for 595959 and a few quid accidentally falls down between the seats every day.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Many many years ago I got a cab from Stratford u Avon to home in Leamington, shit faced. Arrived home, woken by cabby. Oh shit, no cash I blurted out as I looked at my empty wallet.

I made you pay before we left he said! Could have got double fair plus for the grief, very relieved and very thankful for his honesty

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here