Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taricco

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
{insert pro forma apology about fixtures/kanchelskis here}

Can someone please confirm why newly-minted albion legend Tanno was binned early last night?

I was at the game and clearly saw him chat back to the slap-headed bellend of a ref, who flicked a yellow at him immediately after booking someone else...

he then ran off to their box to watch us take a free kick before legging it 50 yards back to Tanno to give him a yellow and a red. I think he might have been booked in the 2nd half proper as well.. does that mean he technically saw three yellows and a red? Is that some sort of record (graham poll aside)

Anyhow, what a performance from a man who has barely played in six years - red card aside he would have lasted the full 2 hours easily, and only troubled once or twice..

in NSC parlance, COULD DO A JOB :clap2::clap2:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He had already been booked for a foul in the first half, he then picked up a second for dissent against the referee who seemed to think that booking people for taking free kicks when they wanted to was worthwhile.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I said in the pub he'd get sent off before the game, gutted I didn't put a few quid on it

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
The ref booked our player for taking the free kick that (accidentally Ia ssume) hit him. Why was he booked?

The Woking one earlier was clearly because he had told the player to wait for the whistle (waved whistle in his face to mke the point). Harsh booking but explainable. The one Tarricco was complaining about was a mystery.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
He had already been booked for a foul in the first half, he then picked up a second for dissent against the referee who seemed to think that booking people for taking free kicks when they wanted to was worthwhile.

I glanced away for a second and they didn't show a replay, is that what he was booking Elphick(?) for in the first place?

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
I glanced away for a second and they didn't show a replay, is that what he was booking Elphick(?) for in the first place?

Yes it was. He was one of those cocks who like to point at their whistle at free kicks as though they have discovered a new element

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He booked whoever took the free kick early and then Tanno opened his mouth and got done for dissent. f***ing ridiculous. A Woking player was also booked for taking a free kick early. It's stupid.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Anyhow, what a performance from a man who has barely played in six years - red card aside he would have lasted the full 2 hours easily, and only troubled once or twice..

in NSC parlance, COULD DO A JOB :clap2::clap2:

He was troubled more than once of twice mate (before I get shouted down I am not slagging him off, he was awful) even gus said we played better after he got sent off!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The ref was saved by someone from a total Graham Poll moment. He had booked Tanno in the first half, then booked him for dissent after the other yellow card for the foul. Sitting in the big stand behind the goal last night, I said to my mate he should be off. He seemed to forget, then a minute later remembered and went back to send him off.

On the Woking board this morning they reckon the Woking assistant manager was on at the fourth official about it, who got involved. Or the ref just remembered as he was writing it in his book.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The ref was saved by someone from a total Graham Poll moment. He had booked Tanno in the first half, then booked him for dissent after the other yellow card for the foul. Sitting in the big stand behind the goal last night, I said to my mate he should be off. He seemed to forget, then a minute later remembered and went back to send him off.

On the Woking board this morning they reckon the Woking assistant manager was on at the fourth official about it, who got involved. Or the ref just remembered as he was writing it in his book.

Second scenario was more likely, he seemed to flash the yellow then run to watch the free kick and then write the yellow up in his book. All a bit strange

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Was a silly sending off. For a 37 year old I actually think he played very well last night and for a bloody long time! Didn't look too tired either! Very impressed with his positioning and passing game.

Bloody ref just fancied having his face on the telebox I think.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that he was booked in the first half, then got a 2nd booking for dissent after telling the ref about a bad tackle on Bennett, and then the 4th official told the ref that he had already been booked so should have received a red. Hence the ref stopped the game and showed him the ered but ion so doing showed the yellow as to the reason for the red. That was how I saw it rightly or wrong.

Just to add everybody got raped by their no 11.

Shoreham Beach Seagull

May 6, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Shambles from the ref, gave Dicker the yellow card for taking the freekick quick even though he didn't show him the whistle before taking it. Tarrico then had a go at the ref for a bit about it (rightly so) recieved the yellow card then walked off quickly before the ref realised, was a rather funny incident.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shambles from the ref, gave Dicker the yellow card for taking the freekick quick even though he didn't show him the whistle before taking it. Tarrico then had a go at the ref for a bit about it (rightly so) recieved the yellow card then walked off quickly before the ref realised, was a rather funny incident.

Actually if you watch it on TV, Tanno was jogging away from teh ref, by the time he actually showed the card, so I honestly don't think he knew anything about it.

Which in itself is yet another aspect of the ref's shitness. They HAVE to ensure that the player is carded to their face. Letting the guy jog away, and flashing the card in his general direction is very poor refereeing.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Actually if you watch it on TV, Tanno was jogging away from teh ref, by the time he actually showed the card, so I honestly don't think he knew anything about it.

Which in itself is yet another aspect of the ref's shitness. They HAVE to ensure that the player is carded to their face. Letting the guy jog away, and flashing the card in his general direction is very poor refereeing.

The Ref could have said he was going in the book already.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't realise he'd already been booked - thought the ref booked him twice for descent!

As for booking DICKER for taking the free kick - that was a joke. You don't have to wait for the whistle usually do you? Certainly not for a free kick in your own half? Otherwise refs would be blowing all the time. Most bizarre.

Saying that if there was one player we had to choose to be sent off last night it would clearly be Tano!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Saying that if there was one player we had to choose to be sent off last night it would clearly be Tano!

Not for me. Tanno is more likely to have been needed on Saturday [as back up left back] than Hart [we have other better alternatives as back up forwards].

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here