Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tara Palmer tomkinson

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Anyone who snorts enough cocaine to ruin her nose and is still considered a "celeb" is setting the worst possible example to the young and impressionable. A lot less money and a real job and she just might have been a worthwhile person.

I heard an interview with her in which she said that she was going in to schools and colleges telling pupils the down side of drug use because of how it destroyed her life. She messed up a large part of her life and regretted it and tried to help others from falling in to the same mistake. So, I won't judge her harshly, we all make mistakes, it's how we deal with it and learn that is important.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
And yet given the option of spending time with her or with you, I'm guessing the vast majority would opt for TPT. You might pause to ask you're self ' why would all these people prefer 'a complete waste of time' to me?'

Perhaps we should have a poll.

Oooh, harsh.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Anyone who snorts enough cocaine to ruin her nose and is still considered a "celeb" is setting the worst possible example to the young and impressionable. A lot less money and a real job and she just might have been a worthwhile person.

When I saw this thread I had to google who she was, from what I've read about her since I think she was a very brave lady. She was pretty, but the vile addiction took its grip and ruined her looks, but she didn't hide away, she set a good example to the young and impressionable .... money has nothing to do with it and you have no right to judge her or anyone else

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The woman was a complete waste of time. Too much money, inherited not earned; nothing useful to do with her life except to party, take drugs and get out of bed at noon. If she had had to work for a living she would have had a good chance to escape being a druggie. No sympathy from here.
What a lovely person you are

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The woman was a complete waste of time. Too much money, inherited not earned; nothing useful to do with her life except to party, take drugs and get out of bed at noon. If she had had to work for a living she would have had a good chance to escape being a druggie. No sympathy from here.

Really?

Take a look at this program. It's about women who are drug addicts and who do now 'work' for a living as prostitutes, and they have no escape. They are in a cycle of addiction, imprisonment, hopelessness and despair.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p04045rz/sex-drugs-murder-life-in-the-red-light-zone-1-welcome-to-holbeck

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

You make that sound like she was killing puppies or was a mass serial killer.

Strange that on here when Lemmy of Motorhead passed away no one seemed to mind about his drug taking antics over the years. In fact people seemed to like that he lived life in the fast lane.

I think we all have out faults and if we want people to be accepting of them then we need to be gracious in return, otherwise we have no right expect that of others around us.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I heard an interview with her in which she said that she was going in to schools and colleges telling pupils the down side of drug use because of how it destroyed her life. She messed up a large part of her life and regretted it and tried to help others from falling in to the same mistake. So, I won't judge her harshly, we all make mistakes, it's how we deal with it and learn that is important.
Spot on.

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
Nice to see that you're continuing your world beating run of getting absolutely everything wrong, all of the time. It's a great effort really. Takes some doing.

Times are tough in Toytown there's a new kid on the block - In the "getting absolutely everything wrong" stakes he (I'm assuming the poster is male) is coming under intense pressure from The Orange S**t Gibbon currently running the US of A. So if he wants to keep his world beating position he's going have to come up with more truly offensive drivel.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Strange that on here when Lemmy of Motorhead passed away no one seemed to mind about his drug taking antics over the years. In fact people seemed to like that he lived life in the fast lane.

I think we all have out faults and if we want people to be accepting of them then we need to be gracious in return, otherwise we have no right expect that of others around us.

good point about Lemmy .... he lived and died in the fast lane .... TPT was a lot more vulnerable I guess, but I admire both tbh

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Put the spade down lad - enough digging from you on this thread.

There are a lot of "celeb" types that live a far from perfect life, heck you might even like some of them .....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

There's a similar theme on the Katy Price thread, where she has been speaking out about sexual abuse in her past, so some are calling her a liar, whereas ex footballers are heroes for speaking out about their abuse.

There are often double standards regarding men and women.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
There's a similar theme on the Katy Price thread, where she has been speaking out about sexual abuse in her past, so some are calling her a liar, whereas ex footballers are heroes for speaking out about their abuse.

Err footballers do not as far as I know go through surgery to "enhance" their assets. Imagine if a goalkeeper had a graft of "super-hands" to help him save more shots.. Price has manipulated her body for the sake of her career.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Dave Beasant.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Err footballers do not as far as I know go through surgery to "enhance" their assets. Imagine if a goalkeeper had a graft of "super-hands" to help him save more shots.. Price has manipulated her body for the sake of her career.

And? Does that affect any abuse against her when she was younger? What has that got to do with sexual abuse of young boys?

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

I think the difference here is why they are speaking out ... different agendas

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What's that got to do with being abused? Thunder Bolt's analogy is spot-on, you sound like you're one step away from being a High Court judge.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Not all of us, Goldstone obviously never has.

Funnily enough, I find that those people who have made mistakes and are far more interesting than crashing bores who think that we should live life without attempting anything incase we fail. I know who I would rather spend time with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here