Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tannoy Announcer

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
could be worse , I heard a women announcer at a game on TV the other day. I cant for the life of me remember what game but it happened !! (may of been on SSN soccer Saturday)

Careful what you wish for.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
could be worse , I heard a women announcer at a game on TV the other day. I cant for the life of me remember what game but it happened !! (may of been on SSN soccer Saturday)

Careful what you wish for.

We've had 'one of those' at the Amex too... not sure it went down very well to be honest.

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
We've had "Jamie Murray" twice so far this season. Fair enough, we've got a Jamie Murphy and a Glenn Murray and the guy might be a big fan of doubles tennis which can lead to slightly understandable confusion.

Last night was something else. How on Earth can you confuse Rohan Ince - a 6'3 black man built like an absolute tank - with Uwe Hunemeier - a blonde haired German who in a different life could've been a poster boy for the Aryan race?

The posh new bloke doing the announcing must be on a wind up as nobody with half a brain cell could get things so muddled up. It is almost Partridge-esque in its comedy

Long may it continue

It made me chuckle.
It also reminded me of a caption in a programme photo from the late 1980s, where the sub editor got Nicky Bissett and Keith Dublin mixed up

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
If there was an emergency it would be a major problem because he is very poor. Why cannot Richie Reynolds who is used to having a mike in hands not double up as they rarely overlap.

Where we sit in WSL we cannot understand RR either especially the half time interviews. The fault is with the PA system although I know management claim it's aok.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
great when he lost it when everyone on the pitch that time. Fantastic

Theres a youtube of him losing his shit somewhere out there
That was Paul Samrah. Who in an ironic twist of fate was one of the 200 or so people who invaded the pitch four days later when we sewed up the title at Walsall

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Nothing can eclipse the Bristol City announcer who once played Smokie's 'Alice' at a match against Albion.

Only he played the other version...

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
For those complaining to Paul B about this guy, it's worth noting that NSC's very own HB&B implied - at least that's how I read it - that he'd also applied and been turned down for this prestigious job. What I'm saying is: don't complain so much that he gets replaced, it could be worse.

D

Deleted User X18H

For those complaining to Paul B about this guy, it's worth noting that NSC's very own HB&B implied - at least that's how I read it - that he'd also applied and been turned down for this prestigious job. What I'm saying is: don't complain so much that he gets replaced, it could be worse.

This might true. But its 'public address system'. Tannoy is a brand name like Durex.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This might true. But its 'public address system'. Tannoy is a brand name like Durex.

This is true, but then I hoover, not vacuum clean my carpet.
How many people use sellotape instead of sticky backed plastic? Leading brand names stick in the mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here