Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
How was his finishing today against an out of sorts Albion?

He's 19 years of age :eek:
He kept the full-backs occupied a plenty throughout the game, and the defensive rock that has been the Dunk and Huenemeier partnership did struggle to cope with him quite a few times this evening, and brought their other attacking threats into the game.
My untrained scouting eye would suggest the lad has got a great talent and can only improve, and is definitely one for the future!
If Akpom showed 50% of his effort and application, we'd be raving about Akpom!

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
He looked very strong today. I didn't know he had such a physical presence to add to his finishing. I haven't seen many strikers who have challenged Dunk so well this season. He looks like he has the makings of an exceptional player. Whoever gets him on loan from Chelsea next year will be lucky whichever division they are in.

Yep - gave Dunky all sorts of problems today

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Yep - gave Dunky all sorts of problems today

Which I thought Dunk dealt well with. After Stephens, Dunk was our best player today. Abraham moved out on to the full backs because he was getting zero joy down the middle. He had one chance as far as i can remember. I'd love to have him on loan next season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't know what game some fans were watching but, in my view, Dunk had him in his pocket throughout. Showed a couple of promising touches, but really only a slightly more aware and committed Akpom type. Not for me in the Prem. Taken off pretty early on for such a supposed star turn.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't know what game some fans were watching but, in my view, Dunk had him in his pocket throughout. Showed a couple of promising touches, but really only a slightly more aware and committed Akpom type. Not for me in the Prem. Taken off pretty early on for such a supposed star turn.

Was better than Murray and Hemed by a mile today

BristolCity fan

Oct 30, 2016
If you do get him in the prem he'll score you goals

He came here with a natural instinct to score and has probably been the best youngster we've ever had since andy cole.

All of his goals are in the 6 yard box and his movement is 2nd to none, he's always in the right place at the right time

He's added a physicality to his game this season, he bullies defenders and despite the lack of service still gave dunk and the german guy and run around yesterday

His touch is also outstanding, for a 19 year hold his hold up play is like that of a 30 year old and he's worked on his intelligence since signing for us, he knows when to hold the ball up or when to swivel past the defender.

As i said earlier if you do get him next season he'll score you goals in the prem, it's no wonder conte rates him so highly!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If you do get him in the prem he'll score you goals

He came here with a natural instinct to score and has probably been the best youngster we've ever had since andy cole.

All of his goals are in the 6 yard box and his movement is 2nd to none, he's always in the right place at the right time

He's added a physicality to his game this season, he bullies defenders and despite the lack of service still gave dunk and the german guy and run around yesterday

His touch is also outstanding, for a 19 year hold his hold up play is like that of a 30 year old and he's worked on his intelligence since signing for us, he knows when to hold the ball up or when to swivel past the defender.

As i said earlier if you do get him next season he'll score you goals in the prem, it's no wonder conte rates him so highly!

I was impressed with Paterson too, the two of them looked the best players out there yesterday.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004

Funny game this fan football punditry. Don't know what game you were watching :)smile:) but wouldn't say Dunk had him in his pocket. He gave Dunk a good game at times and his strength, movement, control was good given his age. Taken off for another striker even taller than Flint - is that possible - to help out the defence with balls into the box.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Funny game this fan football punditry. Don't know what game you were watching :)smile:) but wouldn't say Dunk had him in his pocket. He gave Dunk a good game at times and his strength, movement, control was good given his age. Taken off for another striker even taller than Flint - is that possible - to help out the defence with balls into the box.

He's a proper 'Johnny on the spot' striker in the Lineker mould I reckon. His movement and game awareness for a young player is very good. Shows a lot of intelligence and maturity. 20 odd goals in that side and with a little period out injured too is very impressive. A Chelsea supporting workmate gave me the heads up on him at the beginning of the season, and I have to say he's been proven right so far. I'd be very pleased if we could somehow get Abraham in for next season.

Btw, that 50/50 with the BFG! :ohmy: He just got up and walked away as if it was a standard challenge. No histrionics or trying to get anything out of it. Even the BFG hobbled a bit as he walked away from that cruncher.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was slightly disappointed as I expected him to give Dunk a harder game but he was unable to beat Dunk so kept drifting out towards the full backs to try. The only player for Bristol City who stood out and stopped us winning even with a below par performance was Flint their CB.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Adding to the talk of his character, we happened to be by their team bus as it arrived.

Tammy was the only active player who came over to acknowledge the fans, give autographs and pose for selfies.
He was first from the bus and last into the stadium.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Adding to the talk of his character, we happened to be by their team bus as it arrived.

Tammy was the only active player who came over to acknowledge the fans, give autographs and pose for selfies.
He was first from the bus and last into the stadium.
Giving out a message that he'd like to spend a year here? Along with his mate Tomori?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Giving out a message that he'd like to spend a year here? Along with his mate Tomori?
No, giving the message he's enjoyed his time at Bristol with their fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here