Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tammy Abraham

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If his mind isn't made up yet then can I be the first to say he isn't up to it as far as mentality and fitting into our squad mentality/goals?

Can you blame him?
He wants to play for Chelsea. If he can't play for Chelsea, he will want to play with the best players and best team available.
Unfortunately, that isn't us.

If he has 10 Premier League offers on the table, how far up that list do you think we would be?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If his mind isn't made up yet then can I be the first to say he isn't up to it as far as mentality and fitting into our squad mentality/goals?

Sometimes right, sometimes wrong but ALWAYS certain

Either that or he's away on international duty and hasn't had the time to deal with it yet

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
The reality is he will never play regularly for Chelsea unless they sign him back in a few years. Look at Lukaku, look at Du Brune, look at Matic, look at Sturridge, look at Solanke. Players simply aren't given a chance there until they have proven their ability somewhere else. It's a bizarre policy but seems to work.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Can you blame him?
He wants to play for Chelsea. If he can't play for Chelsea, he will want to play with the best players and best team available.
Unfortunately, that isn't us.

If he has 10 Premier League offers on the table, how far up that list do you think we would be?

True but that's not what I was postulating. Bet we'll be one of the only ones with any kind of certainty around game time but if he's young and hungry then he should want to back himself to get into our starting eleven and not he perennial bench fodder elsewhere a la Bamford.

Either that or he's away on international duty and hasn't had the time to deal with it yet

Maybe but any prospective employer should take a dim view of not having an answer within any pre-agreed timescale?

Would you still hire an employee if they told you to wait and see on the basis of waiting for a better offer to came along?

Granted if the Albion have set a deadline and it hasn't passed then so be it.

Personally I only want 100% committed individuals next season as we'll need every ounce of that to stand any chance.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
True but that's not what I was postulating. Bet we'll be one of the only ones with any kind of certainty around game time but if he's young and hungry then he should want to back himself to get into our starting eleven and not he perennial bench fodder elsewhere a la Bamford.

Maybe but any prospective employer should take a dim view of not having an answer within any pre-agreed timescale?

Would you still hire an employee if they told you to wait and see on the basis of waiting for a better offer to came along?

Personally I only want 100% committed individuals next season as we'll need every ounce of that to stand any chance.

No, but 'I'll make a decision within x days after the World Cup' would be OK with me..............................maybe that's where we are. As always, no-one on here has the slightest clue what's actually going on :D

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007
No, but 'I'll make a decision within x days after the World Cup' would be OK with me..............................maybe that's where we are. As always, no-one on here has the slightest clue what's actually going on :D
Until after the World Cup??? We are not going to wait until July 2018!!

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I understand waiting to see what offers come in is best for Tammy Abraham

However, it isn't what's best for us.... we can't afford to wait for him to then possibly choose someone else and then be struggling to find a striker. As much as I'd love him to come here I think we now need to look elsewhere

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I understand waiting to see what offers come in is best for Tammy Abraham

However, it isn't what's best for us.... we can't afford to wait for him to then possibly choose someone else and then be struggling to find a striker. As much as I'd love him to come here I think we now need to look elsewhere

Considering the transfer window doesn't open till the 1st July, we can probably afford to wait a few more days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
MOST I agree and therefore if he's in the not sure camp I'd say let's move on...

...but Tomori (his stated best friend in football) was very much on board 100% for his time here.

I don't understand comments like this. Unless you are in the mind of the players you haven't a clue what their commitment is. Maybe you are struggling to differentiate between commitment and professionalism. Personally, I think TA is actually acting in a very mature way for a player of his age.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Rumours of a Chinese consortium taking over Newcastle. Big money signings = less game time for Tammy?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Personally, I think TA is actually acting in a very mature way for a player of his age.

I agree. I've heard rumours he's recently been feasting on Blue Stilton and fine Chilean wine whilst enjoying a good old Michael Portillo tv show covering some of the finest trainstations you can imagine.

Good on Tammy. Refreshing stuff indeed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

He's in Poland with the U21s. He's got other things on his mind at the moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here