Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

TALKSPORT - whats happened to Brazil then ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Selly Oak Seagull said:
Bad news though, Easy... next year the festival increases from 3 days to 4... I kid you not.
It pisses me off cos all it basically amounts to is a load of presenters and production staff going to the races for 3 or 4 days on a nice jolly. They might love it (they go on about it for weeks beforehand) but its piss-boring for the rest of us. One morning, Parry was interviewing the woman in charge of CATERING for fucks sake.

"Oh yes Mike, we have to butter on average more than 1500 rolls a day...and over 2,000 bottles of champagne will be consumed".

ARRRRGGH...get off my radio you tedious TWATS. Its enough to drive you to SCR. Honestly.

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Easy 10 said:

ARRRRGGH...get off my radio you tedious TWATS. Its enough to drive you to SCR. Honestly.

It's a damn good job that Joanne Goode doesn't get to go. Think how tedious it would be then

??? ??? ???

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
chips and gravy said:
It's a damn good job that Joanne Goode doesn't get to go. Think how tedious it would be then

??? ??? ???

Hahaha.
Was driving back from London a couple of weeks ago and put BBC London on at what was, admittedly, getting towards the early hours.
Suddenly a disturbingly-familiar nasal whine emerged from my car speakers, begging with listeners from one of the most cosmopolitan cities in the world to please, please ring in with examples of "funny" things their budgie had once said. . . oh, and "I remember when I was in Crossroads". . . and, well, "I" this and "I that" and. . . AAARRGH! I thought I'd escaped any accidental experiences of hearing your inane ramblings, you utter, utter witch!!!

Needless to say, I tuned to safe, oh-so-comforting Radio 2 within seconds.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Whatever happened to Tom Watt?

I agree that Hawksbee & Jacobs are the best presenters on the station now.

Kinghorn & Cascarino are awful.

Hawksbee & Jacobs for the morning slot please.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
Agreed H and J in the morning or drive time. Serious sports news, but something to relax to either going to or coming home from work, not serious topics to make my blood boil and raise my feckin stress levels....

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
BHA links said:
Whatever happened to Tom Watt?

As far as radio presenters on BBC London 94.9FM go, that is, professional broadcasters on BBC London 94.9FM whose main responsibilities lie in expressing their words over either medium wave or FM radio waves, such as BBC London 94.9FM - these are radio presenters I'm talking about, by the way - I do sometimes - well, often - actually, very frequently - feel that Tom Watt, that is, Tom Watt, sports presenter for BBC London 94.9FM, the home of London football, tends to use many, many, many, many too words for the purpose Tom Watt, of BBC London 94.9FM, really wants to express - that is, say - that is, voice - that is, vocalise.
You're listening to Tom Watt on BBC London 94.9FM, by the way.
Mate.

Was once very drunk, having semi-gatecrashed a black-tie event where he was the only one in Tom-Hanks-in-Big-style white tux and tie - for some reason, thought I was being very big and clever by telling him how I worked in Croydon and getting him to enthuse about Palace. Then challenging him on how he must wish Eastenders wanted him back. Getting a very defensive answer. Before I sloped off in search of another litre of Pernod and Black.
No, I'm not proud. . .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Re. Brazil, my mate saw him at Glasgow Airport after Rangers v Celtic and said his face was the colour of a beetroot.

Brazil was great radio, but the point is we all like a drink and you've gotta draw the line somewhere. A real shame cos they were a great duo, but Brazil needed to go easy on the sauce.

Hawksby and Jacobs deserve the morning slot - they will go on to bigger and better things, but Parry will, no doubt, carry on.

WASH

Jul 6, 2003
Rustington
I think it's a great shame AB has gone. At least he told Parry what he thought of him on a regular basis. Who's going to call him a 'Ginger Whinger' or a 'Tube' now?
Beaky's too dull he just agrees with everything Mike says. Where's the controvesy? where's the fun? where's the arguements that used to make my blood boil in the morning's? and what are H & J going to do for 'Clips of the Week'?
Let him get sloshed for 3 days and let him do Tuesday to Thursday if it means some entertaining morning radio.
BRING BACK BRAZIL!!!!!!!!!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Easy 10 said:
"In my opinion Talksport have broken up their best partnership which was the main reason for listening to the station"

Seems to have a rather high opinion of himself, doesn't he ? Personally, I prefer Hawksbee & Jacobs, which cracks me up every time. Wish they'd move them to the Breakfast show so I could hear them more often.

Agreed. Hawksbee and Jacobs are much better than the Mike Parry "deliberately wind everybody up show".

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Together, they made a compelling reason for listening to Talksport, Brazil has a very good radio personality and acts as a perfect foil for Parry's rantings.

Very sad news indeed. Until I read this, I thought he was on holiday.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
They've struggled terribly with drivetime since Kaufman left - Bill Young was crap, and though Cascarino's OK if a little rough around the edges, him and Kinghorn sound so contrived in their endless squabbles, they need fresh blood

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The "DON'T MENTION THE B-WORD" continues unabaited on Talksport then. Not a dicky-bird about the fella, its like he was never there. Not sure how long I can stick with Parry & Beaky..as WASH says, all Beaky does is agree with Parry, doesn't make for great radio. Dull, dull dull. At least Kinghorn & Cas rip the piss out of each other, and the stakes are raised further when Adrian Durham (an excellent presenter IMHO) comes on the scene.

I miss Brazil more than I thought I would actually.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Here's Beecroft's factfile, no wonder he's so dull (from the Talksport website). I mean, he drives a Hyundai Coupe FFS!:

Graham Beecroft

YOUR TEAM:
Wife and two kids. (what a f***ing stupid answer, they mean football team)!

WHO’S YOUR FAVOURITE SPORTS PERSON?
Muhhammed Ali.

FAVOURITE GROUND:
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff.

WHAT’S YOUR NUMBER ONE ALL TIME SPORTING MOMENT?
England winning 1966 World Cup.

FAVOURITE OTHER SPORT:
Boxing.

IF YOU COULD MEET ONE PERSON, DEAD OR ALIVE, WHO WOULD IT BE?
Winston Churchill.

WHAT’S YOUR FAVOURITE TIPPLE?
Cloudy Bay Semillon Chardonnay.

WILL ENGLAND EVER WIN THE WORLD CUP AGAIN?
Why not?

WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE?
I'm just about to change it from a Hyundai Coupe to a diesel Mondeo Ghia, but I am open to being sponsored by Aston Martin.

FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMME?
Any live football match or any natural history programme.

WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?
Much taller.

FAVOURITE CITY:
Liverpool or Chester ( I live half way between the two and they're both great in their own way).

FAVOURITE MOVIE:
Where Eagles Dare.

FAVOURITE BOOK:
The Oxford Book of War Poetry.

FAVOURITE MUSIC:
Soul - James Brown / Detroit Spinners / Earth, Wind and Fire / R Kelly / Eminem.

IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB YOU WANTED, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I've got it...but I wouldn't mind being Henk Potts' wine merchant.

YOUR IDEAL DREAM DATE?
Julia Roberts in a hotel room overlooking the pitch at the new Wembley on Cup Final day

---

P.s. All mention of Brazil has been removed from website.

Last edited:

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Looking back, if every "bad back" was a drinking binge, that's really quite an impressive achievement, no wonder he got the boot, he's been missing a couple of days out of every ten or so recently, then recovers for the jolly to Cheltenham

:drink:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
GUNTER said:
FAVOURITE TV PROGRAMME?
Any live football match or any natural history programme.
So that's an Arsenal-Manure match on both counts is it?

H&J are the best presenters on TS in a long long while. The only one to get close to them IMHO was Caesar the Geezer. Whatever happened to him?

Jul 12, 2003
Oxfordshire
hiney said:
Alan Brazil back on the TalkSport breakfast show from next Monday (12th).

:clap2:

Has that been announced on TalkSPORT??

If not, where did you hear/read that, Hiney?

(Not that I'm doubting you, of course..!)

Johners

Jul 6, 2003
Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
From Talksport website

Alan Brazil is returning to the talkSPORT fold from Easter Monday to renew his long standing partnership with Mike 'Porky' Parry as host of the awarding winning Sports Breakfast.

Due to popular demand from thousands of talkSPORT listeners all around the world, Alan has decided to recommit himself to the station and the show, so we've decided to take him back.

On hearing the news Porky Parry said "I'm delighted Alan Brazil will be rejoining me in the breakfast studio - he's a class act and the listeners are going to love his return."

Paul Breen-Turner, who's filled in for Big Al whilst he's been away, is returning to Spain to keep up his key role as talkSPORT's Spanish correspondent. Following his successful, if short-lived slot on The Sports Breakfast, Paul will also be developing a number of other ideas for the station over the coming months.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here