Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking time off for England Wales game.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A company has invited me to a Sports Bar in the Strand, free bar and nibbles, be rude to decline

MF'84

A load of Bolanos
Jul 26, 2012
Derbyshire
I love my company.

On all the screens around the office, beer and bar snacks will be handed out free, free lunch and ice cream.

If you don't like football you can leave 90 minutes early one day

Hmm... watch the football tomorrow and pretend not to like it for an early Friday finish right? :jester:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Aye, the Meade has the afternoon off or it. I have to remember, down the boozer near work, not to have many pints. I have Public Enemy to go see tomorrow night and i don't feel it's right to be disrespectfully razzled whilst viewing them. I'll leave after the game to hide out in a cinema in Greenwich until it's time for the gig.
Out of the door from work at 12.30 though, so to bagsy a table with a pint won't be too bad.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I'm in exam at the same time as this game. I hope to come out having done well and then seeing that England are winning with 15 to go... :moo: :) .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Working nights this week so set the alarm for 1345, make a brew and settle down to 90 minutes of disappointment

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'm in exam at the same time as this game. I hope to come out having done well and then seeing that England are winning with 15 to go... :moo: :) .

If it is any consolation my youngest has a Biology A level exam starting at 14:00 tomorrow

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Fortunately the management schedule has fallen and I have the day off, I've told my team members at work if they want to watch the game then they can as long as they clock out for 2 hours and do the extra 2 hours either before their shift or afterwards. The only people you'll see on the shop floor are those who don't like football.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Aye, the Meade has the afternoon off or it. I have to remember, down the boozer near work, not to have many pints. I have Public Enemy to go see tomorrow night and i don't feel it's right to be disrespectfully razzled whilst viewing them. I'll leave after the game to hide out in a cinema in Greenwich until it's time for the gig.
Out of the door from work at 12.30 though, so to bagsy a table with a pint won't be too bad.

I've never understood many of your ramblings but they always make me:)

Do you ever think you should have been born in a different era:rolleyes:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have scheduled a meeting tomorrow with the gym at my place of work, luckily my Leader can't see my calendar but he'll be able to see I have a meeting booked between 2 and 4pm but I thought that would be suspicious, so I've made it 2-4:30pm to avoid any suspicion.

Roooooooooooooooooooney.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Rosterd day off. Up to London for beers and watch the game somewhere and then onto Lords to watch Sussex in T20 game, top day out.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I have scheduled a meeting tomorrow with the gym at my place of work, luckily my Leader can't see my calendar but he'll be able to see I have a meeting booked between 2 and 4pm but I thought that would be suspicious, so I've made it 2-4:30pm to avoid any suspicion.

Roooooooooooooooooooney.

Take me to your leader :moo:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
I checked the calendar today and horrified to see that I have been scheduled in to do two job interviews. Both of these will need to be rescheduled tomorrow morning and I am taking the afternoon off!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

Roooooooooooooooooooney.

He'll never see through that. What genius!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Will be at work, no option to watch the match as far as I know unless I take the afternoon off and doing so for an England match always feels like a bit of a waste in the end in the past :) :p

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here