Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Taking kids to the withers

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
Am taking my daughter, also aged 5, for her first game too.

Have promised her a scarf and a baseball cap, but will be loading up with crisps and lollipops. and an Ice cream at half time.

We're sitting in D block, near the end of an aisle thankfully, but I I'm hoping to get to the pub first for a drink, as my wife is dropping us outside the ground.

We'll keep a look out for you in the park, she has a wicked left foot shot!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
ali, maybe they could have a club for kids under school age, call them the seagull chicks or something like that...their membership would entitle them to free use of a creche facility. Come to think of it I think Millwall tried something similar, several years ago.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
ali jenkins said:
Im taking my 5 year old brother to his first football match on Saturday and I want him to have a brilliant time, but I aint got a clue what kids would want to do before during and after the match.

For me match days usually involve going to the pub for lunch at 1 and then staying there untill 2.45 when we go and watch the game, and then back to the pub for more drinks!

Anyone who takes kids to matches have any idea of what to do?

By the way, im on a budget here!

I took my ex's boys to a game. Once seated they developed bladders the size of a grape, stomachs the size of a medicine ball, a thirst to match the thirst of a man from planet Thirsty, the attention span of an A.D.D sufferer on speed & hypothermia after about 4 seconds, despite it being August.

They were 7 & 10 - So you're f***ed mate, taking a 5 year old.

Total cost: £100.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Ali, what exactly are you planning on doing with said child while playing in the Brighton fans/Donny fans match on Saturday morning???

Maybe he could be the team mascot. :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Frutos said:
Ali, what exactly are you planning on doing with said child while playing in the Brighton fans/Donny fans match on Saturday morning???

Maybe he could be the team mascot. :)

Hes on the bench mate, my mum is dropping him off to me after the game or im picking him up, i havent decided yet!

And just to clear some confusion up here, he is my BROTHER not my son!

Im only 20 for crying out loud, and as far as i know, im not a dad just yet!

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
ginadim said:
Amen to that. He's more than welcome to sit with me and Les now.

I ain't babysitting someones little brother. No offence like.

ginadim said:
cartons of juice always a better plan than out of date Withers Egyptian coke.
For most of this season it's been Coke from Georgia, manufactured for the Thai market.

But they had Northern Irish Coke at the last game.

I've often wondered what the League One sponsors would think.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
ali jenkins said:
Im taking my 5 year old brother to his first football match on Saturday and I want him to have a brilliant time, but I aint got a clue what kids would want to do before during and after the match.

For me match days usually involve going to the pub for lunch at 1 and then staying there untill 2.45 when we go and watch the game, and then back to the pub for more drinks!

Anyone who takes kids to matches have any idea of what to do?

By the way, im on a budget here!

Take him to the pub!

I took a two year old to Withdean and he seemed to like the pub - and he said 'Bonjour' to Alex Frutos. He then wanted to run up and down the front of the South Stand. At half time he was tired so I took him home. Therefore he has never seen Brighton concede. :)

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
He had a great time!

His dad took his couson aswell so that made it more enjoyable for him!

Hes already asking me to take him to another game!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
shame about the game eh,hope he enjoyed it,did u get him ant signatures,my son and friends for loads,got his retro one signed:clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here