• No

Votes: 26 60.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
I don't post too much on here, but thought I might get some general opinions on my situation.

I've been a Brighton fan all my life but have lived between 100 and 12,000 miles from Brighton at all times. I'm obviously excited to get to Falmer asap but have a baby on the way in early June.

The wife doesn't want to miss out on going to Falmer (despite hating football!) and we'll be living about 100 miles from any family.

Can I reasonably take a 2-3 month baby to a football match?

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Never really seen the point of taking a baby to the football. Sure it would be ok though.

took 'the boy' to withdean when he was 7 weeks old, nice warm day he slept through most of it. get the baby a seat (think you have too anyway at Falmer) as you'll need the space for his bag, Taking a baby was a piece of piss. when he started to figit and want to walk I decieded he had seen his last match at Withdean. he just coming up to 2 now and he's got a ST for Falmer (TBH thats so I can get to more) anyhoo Good Luck!

Racek

Wing man to TFSO top boy.
Jan 3, 2010
Edinburgh
Fair play.

I'm sure it would be fine. I was referring to some people who take them to get them involved as early as possible. That I dont understand as the baby does not have a clue and you can not enjoy the game as much.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Ridiculous, babies should not be allowed into Falmer. Of course they shouldn't, it's not just about them or you, it's about the other people at the match. Babies will at some point or another get bored and make a fuss, you shouldn't have to put up with that at a football match.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
More to the point, why does your wife want to go?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
We took our first little one from when she was about 6 weeks. The fact is during the first few months it's relatively easy to take them - strap them into a carrier and they'll probably sleep throughout. It's when they get a bit older, bigger and mobile that you're going to have more problems.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Ridiculous, babies should not be allowed into Falmer. Of course they shouldn't, it's not just about them or you, it's about the other people at the match. Babies will at some point or another get bored and make a fuss, you shouldn't have to put up with that at a football match.

Quite right. WE should also ban children, loud people, fatties, smelly folk, people with annoying foriegn or regional accents, people with annoying mobile ringtones and ethnic types.

Or we could SHUT THE f*** UP and let everyone who wants to, come and share it.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Quite right. WE should also ban children, loud people, fatties, smelly folk, people with annoying foriegn or regional accents, people with annoying mobile ringtones and ethnic types.

Wow. Summed up brilliantly.

where as, some of the 'adults' at Charlton, Bournemouth and Orient to name just 3, never did anything to ruin the enjoyment of others.

ropey9

Feb 25, 2009
Don't do it.

I took my son to the Chesterfield away game in 2000 when he was 20 days old, my wife breastfeed in the horrible toilets at the ground (makes me laugh now) (lost 1-0, all sorts of crap went on had to leave via the pitch 10 minutes from the end).

Anyway, he was fine, pretty much slept through it all no bother to anyone, however he now can't stand football, playing, watching - TV or at the ground. My youngest son I waited until he was 3 1/2 years and he loves it. I basically blame myself for exposing him far to early and now the repressed memories are to great for him to overcome.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes

I was about to post but Mr Kraay has already nailed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here