Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Take it on the chin and move on

Feb 14, 2010
We lost, palace came and did the job. No excuses, just move on and the players should use the pain of losing to kick on and be ruthless. We are a quality side and need to start hammering a few teams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Letting Murray go is starting to look like a ricket from Gus. Well beaten, gutted and very likely to get beaten on Saturday too.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Of all f***ing nights to turn in a performance like that it has to be this one. We were way too slow in the second half and got what we deserved. I couldn't be any more f***ing livid right now.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Letting Murray go is starting to look like a ricket from Gus. Well beaten, gutted and very likely to get beaten on Saturday too.
Rubbish. Murray wasn't great at all, in fact they are a very ordinary side, we made them look much better than they are.

Hoopz

Jun 25, 2010
Woking, Surrey
You cant win them all!!! Every team has a blip or two over 46 matches... we are still averaging just under 2 points per game!! Is that the target again??

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We won't see a performance as bad as that again this season.

Hope Gus gets a reaction at Ipswich

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Rubbish. Murray wasn't great at all, in fact they are a very ordinary side, we made them look much better than they are.

I think that you may be in denial, every comment on the radio says that Palace deserved their win. I wasn't there tonight but I've seen every other home game and would say we could do with Glenn Murray in our side.

Feb 14, 2010
Murray is better than Barnes but not as good as CMs. So depends what Murray was asking for. Either way back to knocking the ball around and start passing teams off the park again. Dont want any "tired" excuses either as they only play football for a living. Just take it on the chin and move on

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not sure. First 20 mins looked like we'd batter them but relegation fodder doesn't come back from 1 down to win 3-1 so I'm inclined to think they are simply inconsistent.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I think that you may be in denial, every comment on the radio says that Paalce deserved their win. I wasn't there tonight but I've seen every other home game and would say we could do with Glenn Murray in our side.
Well if you weren't here you're going to have to take my word for it. And given the start we have made, I wouldn't say we miss Murray at all, and I didn't see anything to change my mind. This was a collective problem tonight, my anger is aimed at the team because of what tonight meant. They ARE ordinary, and that's what I am struggling with even more, we were NOT beaten by a good side!!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They ARE ordinary, and that's what I am struggling with even more, we were NOT beaten by a good side!!

The way we concede late goals would suggest that we are the side with problems, unfortunately.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I still think we lack two top championship class defenders - I don't know why Gus didn't get at least one in over the summer

comeinpeace1

Jan 28, 2011
A blip - move on - hope you can pick it up against Ipswich! The measure of a good team is how they bounce back after defeat - Gus will make sure you bounce back - heads up and onwards and upwards.

Unbiased opinion here!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've never bought into this Palarse rivalry thing - I was around long before Mullwery, Venables and The S*n kicked it off in the 70's, but it's a shabby way to lose our unbeaten league record at the Amex.

Are we going to be a 45 minute team this season? (usually the second half, but not so today). We need a result on Saturday (unfortunately against a side that are just starting to come together) - it's a big ask.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
At the start of the season I would imagine that the majority of us would have been considering a finish between mid-table and playoffs. Our stratospheric start to the season raised expectations, which is making this barren spell unpleasant (granted, I need a new word to define just how unpleasant tonight was). It looks as though we are now being found out a little. So? Nobody said it would be easy and I have every confidence in Gus to build a cohesive team as time goes on. Steady as she goes, folks. Plenty more ups and downs before the season is out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here