Votes: 58 47.5%
  • No

Votes: 64 52.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Skim reading this thread - I'm seeing a lot of Labour supporters concede that, this time round, their vote will not have an influence on the outcome for their constituency.

Can't be that every Labour candidate has suddenly become "unelectable" so all those marginal voters must be looking at the wider picture and coming to the conclusion that Labour, as a Government, do not currently meet their needs.

Market forces eh?

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Oh my god!...Jeremy Corbyn a man whose own party parliamentary colleagues don't really want him (all are being quiet at the moment!), is managing to convince a lot of people that he actually wont bankrupt the country! Get real people...everything he says, and for every issue he has only one answer..."don't worry I will throw money at it , the rich will pay!!" ....Brilliant ...he is a very clever man. let me tell you this, the rich are rich because they know how to keep their money, and he wont raise nearly enough from just the top echelon, that he thinks will pay for all of his ridiculously costed policies. if you middle income guys think happy days- im ok Jack, then think again, if you earn under £80000 and really believe that youre gonna be no worse off then I suggest you wake up quite quickly! !! im not particularly fond of the Tories tbh but the alternative is just unthinkable.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Skim reading this thread - I'm seeing a lot of Labour supporters concede that, this time round, their vote will not have an influence on the outcome for their constituency.

Can't be that every Labour candidate has suddenly become "unelectable" so all those marginal voters must be looking at the wider picture and coming to the conclusion that Labour, as a Government, do not currently meet their needs.

Market forces eh?

A lot of NSCers live in strong Tory-held constituencies across Sussex. It's not about their Labour candidate 'suddenly' becoming unelectable. They never have been. Even in the Labour landslides of 1997 and 2001, most of Sussex remained Tory. That should tell you all you need to know.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Vote for change otherwise you can kiss goodbye to the "great" country you love

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I couldn't vote for someone I don't support. I just believe that's wrong and symptomatic of the negative politics we seem to be burdened with on all sides.

This election is the first proper Left vs Right in decades and people are seeing it as such. They know a coalition would include their party one way or another so they're voting for the Left or Right final result.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm a big fan of people voting tactically if they want to.

It is their right to, so no complaints from me, and I applaud their choice.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Tactical voting for me: I am pretty much diametrically opposed to the views of my MP (https://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/10065/julian_brazier/canterbury/votes), in fact, appalled by most of them. Labour are the only party who can defeat him, but it would take some pretty co-ordinated voting to do so. Don't like the FPTP system. Presumably we're meant to be voting for a party, who is represented by a local candidate, ie we're not just voting for the candidate - not sure what you're supposed to do if you really want to vote for a national party, but you have an excellent local candidate who doesn't represent the party you support - I imagine this is a qualm relevant for some in the Brighton Pavilion constituency.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hopefully Mike Thornton will get back in there. He was a mate of mine 20 years ago, and sat next to me at work when I worked in Eastleigh - decent bloke, very principled and reasonably local (he is playing on that, but in reality he's from Winchester, not Eastleligh).

In Eastleigh, the Lib Dems have always been the only party has tried to actually do something, instead of just WHINGING about the other parties.

It's just disappointing that the 'Beer, Baccy & Scatchings' party have decided not to stand.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I honestly don't know how people can have an issue with tactical voting when we have first passed the post.

If you don't like tactical voting, then at least have the good sense to also accept the system is what produces it, not the people.

Not supporting 1 particular party is every bit as democratic as supporting a party. Therefore, voting to keep out the 1 party you don't like, IS every bit as valid as voting for the party you do like. That is a reality. It is down to every person to choose how they wish to use their vote. In our democratic system, there is no right or wrong in how you decide to use that vote.

The fact is, many people vote Labour / Libs / Green / SNP etc. because they are left of centre policies that overlap. So of course, if you cannot choose between them as you like more than one (not everyone has to agree with one particular party) then you may wish to use your vote to keep the right of centre party out. Honestly, use YOUR vote for the purpose that best suits your political aims.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Who said anything about 'buying back' utilities? The government will simply set up its own water, mail and electric etc. suppliers, offering cheaper tariffs, and compete with the current companies. Here's one way of looking at it. http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ioan-marc-jones/can-britain-afford-to-nationalise_b_8006458.html

Labour says they are buying back utilities, its pretty clear in the manifesto they intend to bring the assets and services back into public ownership. its only in energy they suggest there will be create state owned alternatives, and even then the intention is that they gradually purchase the assets. and it will be paid for with debt, or variation on the QE method in the article. they have promised 500bn of investment and lending, that has to go somewhere.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
me too
Lloyd is not that a bad bloke

EDIT
and anything to get the tory out
I voted Lloyd when he won.

I voted for Jake last time - hoping that Lloyd would still win. And we got Caroline Ansell.

No brainer to vote Lloyd this time and cross fingers that he wins.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wanted to vote Lib Dem but they're not represented in Brighton Pavilion. I'm not going to be forced into a tactical vote. So, for the first time in my adult life I won't be voting.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
So you're not in Toronto?

I can still vote in the last constituency I lived in. Plus I'm likely to move back to Brighton before the next election.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Not supporting 1 particular party is every bit as democratic as supporting a party. Therefore, voting to keep out the 1 party you don't like, IS every bit as valid as voting for the party you do like. That is a reality. It is down to every person to choose how they wish to use their vote. In our democratic system, there is no right or wrong in how you decide to use that vote.

what you're highlighting is that its a negative act, voting against something instead of for something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here