Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Tactical use of substitutes

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
“Right, on you go Connolly, need you to bag a brace if we’re to rescue a point and the Assistant Ref has just held up the board with 2mins added, so you’ve plenty of time...”

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have to disagree.

Without Stephens on the pitch Ryan was forced to kick long with Leicester closing down a lot of options. Murray is the best at holding the ball and often drawing fouls to get you further up the pitch. Problem yesterday was the ref didn't buy his falling over

Against most CB I would agree but he won very little in that area of the field against Morgan . Yes he beat him etc for the goal but he wasnt winning headers to play others in after half time and they got organised. Locadia and Andone would have been a plan B and more mobile to attack them, on the ground as they tired from playing 60 mins with 10 men. instead of allowing them to grow in confidence to carry them through. Yes they did score to equalise with a penalty, but deprived us of 2 points by avoiding a 2nd goal quite easily.
Much easier than they should have been allowed. I also dont agree that Ryan was forced to kick long because Stephens wasnt there what was Propper doing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How wonderful it must be to be as well informed and arrogant as you.
It is, it's well lush.

You seem to have all the answers.

Perhaps it was because despite the fact Leicester were having more possession the defence was coping well and that Leicester hadn't threatened our goal. And in the end it took a penalty to threaten our goal
A penalty conceded as the team was mercilessly pushed further and further back with no out ball to protect them.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It is, it's well lush.

A penalty conceded as the team was mercilessly pushed further and further back with no out ball to protect them.

Pushed mercilessly further back. I have seen Man City do that to teams but That's not what I watched yesterday

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Against most CB I would agree but he won very little in that area of the field against Morgan . Yes he beat him etc for the goal but he wasnt winning headers to play others in after half time and they got organised. Locadia and Andone would have been a plan B and more mobile to attack them, on the ground as they tired from playing 60 mins with 10 men. instead of allowing them to grow in confidence to carry them through. Yes they did score to equalise with a penalty, but deprived us of 2 points by avoiding a 2nd goal quite easily.
Much easier than they should have been allowed. I also dont agree that Ryan was forced to kick long because Stephens wasnt there what was Propper doing?

Propper is very different to Stephens. He isn't as good at creating those angles

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pushed mercilessly further back. I have seen Man City do that to teams but That's not what I watched yesterday

No offence but clearly you wouldn't have done, and even if you did you sure as hell wouldn't say it here.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes, it's impressive how he's transformed so seamlessly from the attacking player We once had. I seem to remember him shooting on target some years back
When???....... is there some video to support that, I would love to see it, I love a good trip down memory lane.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Both Andone and Locadia should have been on 60 minutes to give us the chance to take the game to Leicester and push them back to perhaps stop their attacking.

Would have put Andone on at the start of the second half personally considering Murray was nursing his leg and we were 1-0 up. Think Hughton got it totally wrong yesterday and we paid for it. By the time Andone and Locadia were brought on it was too little too late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here