Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

T20 BLAST Gloucestershire v Sussex (The Brightside , Bristol , 18.30 )

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
"The innings included six penalty runs for slow over rate. By the time the rains came later on, those runs would prove valuable, for Sussex."

Even luckier!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Anybody know if Gloucs knew they had to be on 84 -1 to win when the rain came ? or was the D/L only worked out after it rained .

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Anybody know if Gloucs knew they had to be on 84 -1 to win when the rain came ? or was the D/L only worked out after it rained .
The Glos scoreboard only showed the over by over DL score rather than ball by ball. When they came off after three balls in the seventh over nobody knew who had won, until the scorers worked it out. Luckily for Sussex Glos needed to be on 84 after 7.3 not 83.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Off topic: Got my ticket for Lords on June 16 for the T20, second season now, great atmosphere last year as we battered Middx. Looking forward to it.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The Glos scoreboard only showed the over by over DL score rather than ball by ball. When they came off after three balls in the seventh over nobody knew who had won, until the scorers worked it out. Luckily for Sussex Glos needed to be on 84 after 7.3 not 83.

Yep this makes sense i just could not understand why the batsmen would of blocked Beer for 3 balls otherwise .

Seagull over NZ

Jul 7, 2003
Bristol
They didn't block, they just couldn't get him away. I was at the game and after 6 overs they were 1 run ahead of D/L but they only got 1 or 2 off Beer's 3 balls. Some of the 6's Ross Taylor hit were huge. The pitch was right over one side of the square so there was a short boundary but he hit one over the flats straight that are about 5 storeys high, massive. Once we get our players back we could be a force this T20 season.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They didn't block, they just couldn't get him away. I was at the game and after 6 overs they were 1 run ahead of D/L but they only got 1 or 2 off Beer's 3 balls. Some of the 6's Ross Taylor hit were huge. The pitch was right over one side of the square so there was a short boundary but he hit one over the flats straight that are about 5 storeys high, massive. Once we get our players back we could be a force this T20 season.

Thanks for that , not quite sure why Beer does not feature in the longer form of the game he makes things happen with the ball and can launch it when he gets his eye in , the excuse of he is too young or not quite strong enough yet must be wearing thin with him and i'm suprised another county have not sounded him out .

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Thanks for that , not quite sure why Beer does not feature in the longer form of the game he makes things happen with the ball and can launch it when he gets his eye in , the excuse of he is too young or not quite strong enough yet must be wearing thin with him and i'm suprised another county have not sounded him out .

Especially since our other spin options in Briggs and wells (at a push) are hardly pulling up trees. I'd be looking to go elsewhere if I was Beer

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Especially since our other spin options in Briggs and wells (at a push) are hardly pulling up trees. I'd be looking to go elsewhere if I was Beer

Yes , its a bit of a mystery , maybe Will himself prefers not to play the longer game , who knows , what i do know i have not seen anybody better than him at Sussex since Mushy .

ForestRowSeagull

Jan 6, 2011
Now Brixton
Yes , its a bit of a mystery , maybe Will himself prefers not to play the longer game , who knows , what i do know i have not seen anybody better than him at Sussex since Mushy .

Very odd given as you say he also knows which end of the bat to hold. He played a bit of minor counties I think last year and was successful so even more surprising. Hopefully when the wickets are a bit more spinner friendly we'll see him - got nothing to lose!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here