Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Syrian asylum-seeker with machete kills woman in southern Germany

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think maybe you mis understood what i was getting at.
Choudary can preach his version of the Koran till the cows come home, he can preach that gays can be killed according to sharia, he can preach women can be stoned for being raped,he can preach people can be punished for all sorts of "crimes" we think are not even crimes in the first place.This is not hate speech even though we hate it, it is simply promoting genuine religious text.
What he says is not against the law, everything he preaches is in the koran and therefore not illegal
I'm not sure that can be correct. If it is correct, then a group of nutters (eg, the BNP) could have a religious group which could write whatever you want, which you could then preach. It is not ok to say that sharia people should live by sharia law if that law compels you to kill people, as you are encouraging people to commit crime. Just because it's religious text, does not make it a hate crime.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It doesn't deserve one. You sound like the coked up dwarf from 'In Bruges' declaring that there will be a war between blacks and whites.

This. To be honest , none of these posters vile ramblings deserve even reading. Insane, inflammatory, racist abuse really does not help anyone and is particularly inappropriate given the recent spate of terrorist mass murders.

Last edited:

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
There are some actually genuinely worrying post from some on here concerning their intolerant attitude to normal Muslims. Very worrying indeed. Some on here are either just hamming it up for the internet or are in need of some serious sit down and think time. It's really not okay.

Yeah well normal Muslims don't exist apparently... well not the one's I know or are a figment of my imagination.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah well normal Muslims don't exist apparently... well not the one's I know or are a figment of my imagination.
I have noticed about three posters that seem to do absolutely nothing but chase people around the board, challenging them on a personal level and basically showering the board in racist, personal abuse. and it seems they have been posting on here for years without being banned. I'm surprised the board runners aren't concerned about being shut down.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thats what the dictionary says, the primary definition. Im sorry that your definition isn't in the Dictionary but may I suggest your problem is with english langauge and logic and not me, take it up with them.
It's not his problem that you chose to say that Britain "colonised sparsely populated lands with with few nomadic tribes", missing out that we also colonised places like India.

Now unlike the British Empire, which colonised sparsely populated lands with few nomadic tribes if at all the UK is high density with humans, theres no room to shovel people of on reservations or intern etc.It will be up close and personal and very bloody.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have noticed about three posters that seem to do absolutely nothing but chase people around the board, challenging them on a personal level and basically showering the board in racist, personal abuse. and it seems they have been posting on here for years without being banned. I'm surprised the board runners aren't concerned about being shut down.
If you see a post that is racist, report it with the triangle icon on the left.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Could you point out one racist post to me? I'm happy to report it.

I'd say post 109 skates on some thin ice. Among others. but I'm not trawling through a thread full of vile posts to help you make your cute point. On one of these types of threads the other day someone suggested internment camps for all Muslims. That goes beyond racism in my opinion.

BUT, even if it offends me, I don't expect someone to stop it happening.Certainly not another poster thank you. I have no desire to control other people's behaviour on an internet forum. However, I will voice my opinion on it. Some of the lazy, ill researched nonsense and rhetoric posted by these two or three people offends me. I'll get over it and I won't be reporting anyone.

Subtext. The atmosphere on these threads gets very intolerant so I'm gonna leave you to it.

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd say post 109 skates on some thin ice. Among others. but I'm not trawling through a thread full of vile posts to help you make your cute point. On one of these types of threads the other day someone suggested internment camps for all Muslims. That goes beyond racism in my opinion.

Subtext. The atmosphere on these threads gets very intolerant so I'm gonna leave you to it.

It's not a cute point. It's a valid point.

Replace the word Islam with Lutheran and would you still cry racism?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd say post 109 skates on some thin ice.
I don't think that's racist. It's saying that practices that are acceptable in some cultures are not acceptable in British culture. It didn't even mention a race. I don't agree with these posters either, but I don't think they're "showering the board in racist, personal abuse".

I'm not trawling through a thread full of vile posts to help you make your cute point.
My cute point that you're making things up? I hate racism and I'll report it if I see it. You allege that the board is showered with racist abuse and you're surprised the mods aren't concerned that it will be shut down. I took your post at face value and asked you to show me one post which was racist (which should be easy since the board is showered with racist abuse) and you couldn't do it.

On one of these types of threads the other day someone suggested internment camps for all Muslims. That goes beyond racism in my opinion.
Their suggestion was laughable and I imagine we all took the piss. Obviously that's religious discrimination rather than racism. Having such camps would of course be against the law, but I'm not sure that the stupid suggestion of such camps is. It didn't incite hatred, it incited ridicule against the poster.

Subtext. The atmosphere on these threads gets very intolerant
Yes it does, although perhaps that's understandable in the current world climate.
so I'm gonna leave you to it.
Er, what? I'm not intolerant. Well, I'm intolerant of stupid people, but not of race or religion.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I don't think that's racist. It's saying that practices that are acceptable in some cultures are not acceptable in British culture. It didn't even mention a race. I don't agree with these posters either, but I don't think they're "showering the board in racist, personal abuse".

My cute point that you're making things up? I hate racism and I'll report it if I see it. You allege that the board is showered with racist abuse and you're surprised the mods aren't concerned that it will be shut down. I took your post at face value and asked you to show me one post which was racist (which should be easy since the board is showered with racist abuse) and you couldn't do it.

Their suggestion was laughable and I imagine we all took the piss. Obviously that's religious discrimination rather than racism. Having such camps would of course be against the law, but I'm not sure that the stupid suggestion of such camps is. It didn't incite hatred, it incited ridicule against the poster.

Yes it does, although perhaps that's understandable in the current world climate.
Er, what? I'm not intolerant. Well, I'm intolerant of stupid people, but not of race or religion.

Yes, you are right. most of it isn't racism, it's intolerance. Quite right.

To re-iterate:

If it offends me, I don't expect someone to stop it happening.Certainly not another poster thank you. I have no desire to control other people's behaviour on an internet forum. However, I will voice my opinion on it. Some of the lazy, ill researched nonsense and rhetoric posted by these two or three people offends me. I'll get over it and I won't be reporting anyone.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes, you are right. most of it isn't racism, it's intolerance. Quite right.

To re-iterate:

If it offends me
It offends a lot of us.

I have no desire to control other people's behaviour on an internet forum.
If they're posting anti disability, racist or homophobic remarks, I do have a desire to report them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here