Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sydney Seagulls Meet-Up 19/10/06

Stumpy Tim

Sydney Seagulls Meet-Up

More doom & gloom for Albion fans, but at least summer is round the corner for us Down Under! And the Sun is out...

Fear not the Australian Albion faithful. For we shall meet once again and through the drinking of ale we shall formulate many a tactic that could well save our beloved team So come on down to:

Pier 26., Darling Harbour
Thursday 19th October.
5.30.pm.

Last edited:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
gees - that's 2 weeks too late for me

I'm off to Sydney tomorrow for work for a week and would have loved to been able to attend. Albion shirt packed just in case I get to watch the Blackpool game somewhere.

Where is Pier 26 is that Darling Harbour?

Staying in the Sheraton on the Park on company expenses :cool: :cool:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Re: Sydney Seagulls Meet-Up

Stumpy Tim said:
More doom & gloom for Albion fans, but at least summer is round the corner for us Down Under! And the Sun is out...

Fear not the Australian Albion faithful. For we shall meet once again and through the drinking of ale we shall formulate many a tactic that could well save our beloved team So come on down to:

Pier 26., Darling Harbour
Thursday 19th October.
5.30.pm.

That sounds great. I am in Australia for three weeks from this weekend and that is my last night in Sydney. May have to pop in and disucss the Albion!

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Do one in December and there'll be a few more of us.

sagaman

Dec 25, 2005
Brighton
There will be many Seagulls/ Sussex CCC fans over for the fifth test from 2 January. Sun and beer at the SCG has slightly more appeal than Bmouth Away!

Presumably there will be a get together both in the ground and at a suitable public house aka hotel

I remember last Ashes tour that the Sydney paper mentioned the chorus of "Steve Coppells blue and white army" at the SCG

Maybe Reidy might even join us this time if he is out for the rest of theseason

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
sagaman said:
There will be many Seagulls/ Sussex CCC fans over for the fifth test from 2 January. Sun and beer at the SCG has slightly more appeal than Bmouth Away!

Presumably there will be a get together both in the ground and at a suitable public house aka hotel

I remember last Ashes tour that the Sydney paper mentioned the chorus of "Steve Coppells blue and white army" at the SCG

Maybe Reidy might even join us this time if he is out for the rest of theseason

Indeed there was - I was there and wearing stripes proudly. If you ever get the chance and money to do a Barmy Army tour down under just go - one of the best few days out ever.

Tim - I'll have to give my apologies for this as you've clearly started the club 3 years too late

*dreams of Sydney* :down:

Stumpy Tim

There will definitely be one around the Ashes tour, though I've got tickets for Days 2,3 & 4 so let's make it a couple of days after the Ashes shall we.... I'll be proudly wearing my Albion top & Seagulls Flag. Come on Flinty!!

BALDISBEAUTIFUL

Apr 4, 2004
Brighton
Love to make contact but not coming over till 7th November for my nephews wedding. Will be with my son as well, so we will drink a toast to the Albion.

Weezle

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I know this is a LONG shot! I'm now based in Sydned and would LOVE to go to the ashes. Has anyone got a spare ticket they would like to trade for my right arm or perhaps some $s ?:angel:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Weezle said:
I know this is a LONG shot! I'm now based in Sydned and would LOVE to go to the ashes. Has anyone got a spare ticket they would like to trade for my right arm or perhaps some $s ?:angel:

There will probably be touts on the day and it's no suprise that they will be Scousers. You can take the Mickey out of Liverpool but you can't take Liverpool out of the Mickey....

For the same price may I suggest the Boxing Day test in Melbourne - the MCG is huge so almost never sells out and when I was living in Oz Virgin Blue did reasonably priced flights. I did both the MCG and SCG last time round and there were lots of Brighton 'faces' in Melbourne.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here