Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swindon Fan Here

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I thought that most Brightoners prefer the arse-end

Thank you for proving my prejudices about Swinedon are well-founded. Yes, we thoroughly deserved our play-off win and we were higher in the league than you despite having a goal from Piercy ruled out by a Gloucestershire linesmen at your place earlier in the season.

See you next season in the fourth division.

Si Pie

Apr 11, 2009
Thank you for proving my prejudices about Swinedon are well-founded.

See you next season in the fourth division.

I couldn't resist, using arse-end in a sentence was only going to result in one outcome. Besides, Swindon is so far from civilisation it's plainly not possible to have anything to do within a 40 mile radius.

We're still not safe so you may well be right. I hope not, it was fun when we went down because we were actually fairly good in League Two, but the novelty would surely wear thin if we couldn't get promotion. I'm not so certain we'd fair so well if and when the next time comes.

I'll bugger off now and leave you all to enjoy your Easter. It's been emotional.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I couldn't resist, using arse-end in a sentence was only going to result in one outcome. Besides, Swindon is so far from civilisation it's plainly not possible to have anything to do within a 40 mile radius.

We're still not safe so you may well be right. I hope not, it was fun when we went down because we were actually fairly good in League Two, but the novelty would surely wear thin if we couldn't get promotion. I'm not so certain we'd fair so well if and when the next time comes.

I'll bugger off now and leave you all to enjoy your Easter. It's been emotional.
:laugh::laugh:many of us excepted relegation ages ago anyway so not fussed:whisky:

Foul_Throw

Apr 12, 2009
:laugh::laugh:many of us excepted relegation ages ago anyway so not fussed:whisky:

Good on you Sir Albion. If you do go down then it's not the end of the world down there.

To be honest with you this mini-invasion is nothing on the scale of what we received in the months after the play-off game. It's all part of the game and I'm sure you expected it, as did we back then.

And if you think that we are bad for holding grudges, Gillingham fans still harbour a bitter un-requited hatred towards us for what essentially amounts to a bad tempered play-off game that we beat them in back in the 1980s. Bless em.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Players waving money at us is rubbish? Well I was there and it isn't rubbish. I had a feeling that day what goes around comes around and save a minor miracle I seem to be right.

f*** yeah I'm still bitter about the playoffs, not because we didn't go up, but because you lot acted like smug twats. Now's our chance to be smug twats. Couldn't give a shit how many you took to ours compared to what we took to yours. You can enjoy your superior away following in the division below.

Even if your fantasy stories are true, which I doubt, you are judging a whole city by a few twats. Based on that and the three moronic Swindon fans (you included) who have come on here, I assume that all Swindon fans are inbred idiots. I don't actually believe that but based on your logic it must be true.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Good on you Sir Albion. If you do go down then it's not the end of the world down there.

To be honest with you this mini-invasion is nothing on the scale of what we received in the months after the play-off game. It's all part of the game and I'm sure you expected it, as did we back then.

And if you think that we are bad for holding grudges, Gillingham fans still harbour a bitter un-requited hatred towards us for what essentially amounts to a bad tempered play-off game that we beat them in back in the 1980s. Bless em.

With respect, we can accept the lack of sportsmanship from Simon Cox, he's doing what he can to win for Swindon Town, can't have a go at him for that because we want our players doing the same. But his constant moaning and diving is pathetic, I was at the Swindon vs QPR game in the league cup this season, even the Swindon fans in the Arkells where I was were getting annoyed by his moaning, it was constant. And then he scored, and they no longer cared. :laugh: Which is all part of the game, we get that. But I can't accept the lack of sportsmanship from your fans on here, I don't pretend to think that no Brighton fans rubbed it in your face after 2004 though, what goes around comes around I suppose. But remember this, Swindon fans. Because fate has a happy way of turning, and at some point, we will play you in an important game again, and we will remember this invasion and respond in kind. But you won't mind, will you? As you say, it's all part of the game...

What we don't like is that we are going to be relegated, and you lot are coming on here to rub it in. There's no need for it, and it just turns people sour on your club. Not me, there's nothing a Swindon fan can say to me to change how I feel about your club in general, I've had little choice but to develop an interest in your club over the last 4 years. Don't forget, you had a season in league 2 a couple of years back. If I wanted to be nasty, I would point out that Brighton are yet to lose a game 7-1 on our way down. :thumbsup:

Also, presuming you reply to my post, were you at Roberts' testimonial? Zola was immense that night, as was Nicky Summerbee!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Its all banter and we all give out the shite when we shite on other teams,but many can't take it when it backfires;)

Thats why i was exspecting stick back but thats fine with me:)

Rather gutted that we won't play the likes of southampton,charlton and brentford if they go up or down:censored:shame as league 1 will be awsome next season:wozza:

Foul_Throw

Apr 12, 2009
You are spot on about Cox and his antics, they grate, but at this level he is a pretty decent player and his goals look like keeping us up, so we are forgiving. You'd probably say the same about Leon Knight previously, a right little shit but scored the goals that got you promoted. A list of clubs as long as your arm now, but still...

I was away with work on the night of the Christian Roberts game. Not sure how someone who only played about 100 games for us deserved a testimonial?! I guess that's considered loyalty these days.

When does Falmer open?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You are spot on about Cox and his antics, they grate, but at this level he is a pretty decent player and his goals look like keeping us up, so we are forgiving. You'd probably say the same about Leon Knight previously, a right little shit but scored the goals that got you promoted. A list of clubs as long as your arm now, but still...

I was away with work on the night of the Christian Roberts game. Not sure how someone who only played about 100 games for us deserved a testimonial?! I guess that's considered loyalty these days.

When does Falmer open?

You make a good point, relating Cox to Knight. Sadly, Cox is a much better player. :down: I've seen him quite a few times now, and I'm yet to really see the best of him, sadly (sort of, I've only seen him play QPR in a game I didn't care about!). But he really is class, the touch and the technique are just fantastic. His hattricks at Hartlepool, Scunthorpe and Northampton were all really good goals, I was in Swindon the day after the Northampton game, I couldn't believe the Advertiser gave him a 10! Amazing praise. Quality player though, he's going to be in the Premier soon enough, I hope you invest the money from him wisely.

That was the general feeling around the place actually, he was only there 4 years wasn't he? And during that time he had a spell in rehab! He was hardly a brilliant servant to the club, but he gave the proceeds of the night to charity didn't he? That's probably why the club went for it. My friend was very disappointed that neither Igoe nor Parkin showed up for the game, even with Poyet/De Goey/Wise/Zola, the lack of Parkin spoilt the night! Made me laugh that did. :)

We're due to move into Falmer in 2011 I believe, but we'll just have to wait and see. The only thing I don't like about the Withdean (no, really, there's just one thing!) is that you can't really have friends who support other clubs in your league come down for the match, other people on here will be sick of moaning about that, but it's a relevant point I think! I can go sit in the Arkells and enjoy the match, but my friend couldn't come to the Withdean and have the same experience. I bet she wishes she put up with it now though!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Its f*** all to do with Swindon ,the fact we are going down,we even got 3 points at their place,its the fact we have been shit all season and yesterday was just another inept home performance.We DESERVE to go down.

shoreham moonraker

Apr 11, 2009
I know i have been a smug twat on here but isnt that what its about ? (plus the copious amounts of booze yesterday didnt help) As you say we were inundated by Brighton fans after the play off game, what goes round comes around etc.etc.

As I stated previously your fans gained a lot of respect back in our darkest days, red cards held aloft was good to see, it was a shame that day to see your players letting your club down. I saw with my own eyes the Brighton squad waving notes and doing wanker signs and if it wasnt for quick action by the police there team bus would have had its windows put through.

I for one cant wait until you are at Falmer, I think you will find that Swindon numbers will be a lot higher at Falmer than at Withdean. Most of my friends have been to Withdean and once is enough. Attrocious view and overpriced (coupled with the fact we lose every f***ing time!)

Serious question... What with withdean and the move to Gillingham, do you think you have missed out on a generation of supporters? Coupled with all conquering Sky, living in sussex i see as many premiership shirts down here as I sadly do in Swindon.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
football is football. You win some, you lose some. You go up and you go down. This year it looks like we are going down. Alas, that is not the end, mistakes were made, and lessons must be learnt. On another twist, relegation might not be a bad thing.

(grabs coat)

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
football is football. You win some, you lose some. You go up and you go down. This year it looks like we are going down. Alas, that is not the end, mistakes were made, and lessons must be learnt. On another twist, relegation might not be a bad thing.

(grabs coat)

You speak alot of sense. People don't want to agree with you, but I think any rational thinking people probably will. Football goes in cycles, we're in a downward one right now, we'll get over it. Swindon aren't a bad example actually, they went down in 05/06, spent 1 season in league 2 and got themselves straight back up again. They did it, so can we. :yahoo:

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
You will see that 99% of faggots in brighton are not from brighton but places like swindon:D

Another stunningly insightful and well researched post from sir albion, well done. However I think you'll find the term is homosexuals or gays, this is the 21st century in case you hadn't noticed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here