Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweet Caroline

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
There's a right time, right place for this song. It had its time during or just after lockdown and then the England Ladies took it on and again it worked. At the Amex it most obviously doesn't work. Personally sick and tired of it.
PS Guy on 5live this morning also stated he hated it which started heated arguments.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
didn't realise how long this had been around, thought the football link came in Euro 2020.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Thank god there are others who hate it as much as me now - it's really been done to death, and the addition of the "so good, so good, so good" bit that's not in the song itself makes it even more irritating!
Irritating is being polite. Retire it and save the embarrassment of those 40+ years olds marching up the steps to their seats doing that silly arm movement.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
It was fun but they have kicked the arse out of it.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Utterly awful.

Was it at the end of the incredible Leicester game that they played it so that everyone felt forced to join in instead of singing OUR songs for the players?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
My Daughter -- named Caroline -- has actually walked out of the stands when it comes on at Fenway Park.
Hate it. Not a Boston song, no connection with the city or the team. There are alternatives...

Played after home wins...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I absolutely DESPISE this song now. As has been said, its been absolutely done to death. Not helped by the ponytailed latte-sucking advertising goons at William Hill adopting it for their shitty TV and radio ad campaigns, still wanging on and on and on with it well over a year after the Euros. Its like being constantly beaten over the head with a welly.

Its not just worn thin. Its burned down through the Earths crust, burrowed into the core and exploded, turning the molten maga into a raging inferno of white-hot yellowy-brown stinking liquid SHIT

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
I absolutely DESPISE this song now. As has been said, its been absolutely done to death. Not helped by the ponytailed latte-sucking advertising goons at William Hill adopting it for their shitty TV and radio ad campaigns, still wanging on and on and on with it well over a year after the Euros. Its like being constantly beaten over the head with a welly.

Its not just worn thin. Its burned down through the Earths crust, burrowed into the core and exploded, turning the molten maga into a raging inferno of white-hot yellowy-brown stinking liquid SHIT
Make your mind up, do you like it or not?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I love a slice of Neil D, as cheesy as he can be. I still wake in a cold sweat though at the memory of the England women conga-ing into that press conference singing It’s Coming Home.

Sea Cider

Dec 27, 2012
Ha, yeh just my personal opinion, and plenty sung along happily! Just feels totally unnecessary, why not just let us sing our own songs?

The crowd desperately trying to sing a De Zerbi song over the top of the clanging loudspeaker was case in point

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here