Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sweet caroline

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
My understanding is that during the Chris Adams era at Sussex CCC it was compulsory for the Dressing Room to sing Sussex By The Sea after a win? :clap:
"Compulsory" is the wrong word. All Sussex CCC teams, from juniors up to 1st XI, sing SBTS in the dressing roon to celebrate every victory over another county. Tradition dates back to Moores/Adams period during which, led by Australia, team songs became a thing.

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm told that after the victory rendition of Sweet Caroline on Friday night, the players moved onto the new Richie Towell song and made a decent job of it.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
Players come and go for us its our life

Sweet Caroline is a better song to sing than Praise you. The wobbly "Shouuuuuuuuld" just doesn't do it for me.

Where as "Good times never seemed so good" does do it for me :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Anyone that went to Reading away a couple of years back when they desperately played this song numerous times in an attempt to adopt it as their 'club anthem' (before the one about fighting butterflies and 'defending the glory of Reading') will object to this.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
We could go for a whole NSC themed Neil Diamond medley.

Omsung Phine, everybody knows one. Omsung Phine, every garden grows one.
Everywhere around the world, they come into America. (Apart from Iran, Libya, Syria, Somalia, Sudan and Yemen)
Hello again (playoffs), hello. (Bedwetters remix)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here