Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's high for tier 1 isn't it?

I've got 301 exactly today, plus 5 (is it?) for Sunday so only just scrape over the line, whereas I think I've been well in front of it before, even for Watford which was another small allocation.

This is exactly why the scheme is looking more fragile with every week that passes.

You're just scrapping in on 301, even if you couldn't get to Swansea, you know that this threshold will likely rise for the next away games, so it is within your interest for tickets to OT and other places to buy a Swansea ticket, then pass it on to friend, relative, whatever, otherwise you'll drop out of the top tier too (not saying you will, but as an example).

That said, the vast majority of 300+ point holders do go to most of the games, so you would argue not many will be buying a ticket just to give it up, however you can see that it will happen.

Anything below 242 at the moment, and you're not getting an away ticket from here on in imho. For reasons of banking points for the big games to come, the, Swansea, Stoke, Huddersfield and Burnley aways are going to sell just as well as no one will want to drop out of a tier.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Bournemouth tickets went on sale on 15th August. Since then people could have added Barnet (15), Leicester (10), Watford (10), Bournemouth league (5), Bournemouth cup (10) and Arsenal (5) points. So if the 1,300th person in the queue had 281 points six weeks ago, it doesn't seem unrealistic that the 2,000th person would now have 301.

Yep - I didn't really give much thought to how early those Bournemouth tickets went on sale.

My other thought is I regret not buying a disposable Barnet ticket like many others.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The points awarded bit is what's broken.

At the start of the season, I was just outside the tier 2 level but couldn't go to Leicester and Watford. I have been to both Carabao cup games and scraped up to 235 points. This was the second tier level for Arsenal, but they were sold out before I got the points. West Ham was 237, so I just miss out by 2 points. The top 2 levels are now, most likely, unachievable having been so close.

So that's it for this season. No League away games (Newcastle the only remote chance I reckon) and I'll be comfortably 100 points or more away from the second tier by Christmas.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Off the top off my head typically each game the points required rises by 2/3 per match per tier.

I'm in tier 2 and from Arsenal to Westham to Swansea it's gone 237 - 239 - 242

Hi Tom, as I have just been relegated to Tier 2, were you lucky when applying for tickets for these games? (assuming you did of course).

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex
Yep - I didn't really give much thought to how early those Bournemouth tickets went on sale.

My other thought is I regret not buying a disposable Barnet ticket like many others.

There clearly is something seriously wrong with the current scheme if a loyal fan with borderline tier 1 points regrets not buying a disposable ticket!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The scheme has now entered a vicious circle of point reinforcement which means top tiers dare not buy every game or risk forever missing out.

The scheme is terminally flawed and in it's death spiral.

Replace with an away season ticket for maximum 1000 fans ( with waiting list ), and a new away member scheme which grants entry to a priority remaining ticket ballot before general sale.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

At the start of the season, I was just outside the tier 2 level but couldn't go to Leicester and Watford. I have been to both Carabao cup games and scraped up to 235 points. This was the second tier level for Arsenal, but they were sold out before I got the points. West Ham was 237, so I just miss out by 2 points. The top 2 levels are now, most likely, unachievable having been so close.

So that's it for this season. No League away games (Newcastle the only remote chance I reckon) and I'll be comfortably 100 points or more away from the second tier by Christmas.

I'm not sure it's no away league games. There will surely be some less attractive games where 2nd tier and 3rd tiers will have availability. And by the process this means some current 1st and 2nd tiers will not have gained further ie you will be closing the gap.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Look forward to seeing everyone that moaned that they couldn't get a ticket for Arsenal at Swansea away!

Simontheseagull

Eye from the sky
Jul 11, 2010
The Amex

If the club chose to award zero loyalty points for the away matches at the likes of Swansea, Burnley, Huddersfield and Newcastle (on New Years Eve), based on past away attendences for these fixtures the liklihood is anyone who wanted to go to these games would be able to get a ticket. No-one would need to harvest any loyalty points and ticket touts would lose business. Tickets could of course still be sold in tranches so that the fans with the most loyalty points would get the first opportunity to buy tickets if they want them.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'm not sure it's no away league games. There will surely be some less attractive games where 2nd tier and 3rd tiers will have availability. And by the process this means some current 1st and 2nd tiers will not have gained further ie you will be closing the gap.

Not a chance of closing the gap. They're giving an additional 15 points to those ahead of me basically for already being at the front of the queue. The maximum I can get from 1 game will be that same 15 points, but 3,000 others ahead of me will get 15 points for Arsenal and West Ham, too. It's just fatally flawed and they are again incentivising people to purchase tickets they don't want because there will be plenty who will take them off their hands, so there's not even a financial loss in keeping their place in the queue.

It's almost like the club have no idea how to make the thing work!

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
Watford was an allocation of 2150. First tier was 248, second tier 229, and third tier 188.

I recall that it didn't actually sell out until mid morning of the tier three sales day.

There may be just a chance of Swansea making it to third tier......

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
This is definitely a hike in points. I started this season in tier 2 but after Leicester have been in tier 1 ever since (having been to all games). Now I'm suddenly 14 points off tier 1 for Swansea. Is that purely down to capacity because I had assumed if I got in tier 1 and continued to go to all the always I'd remain in tier 1?

Last edited:

Mr H

Mar 8, 2012
LA
Anyone got a game by game record of the points per tier to save me having to go and find it?

Leicester 234/188
Watford 248/229
Bournemouth 281/217
Arsenal 261/235
West Ham 264/237
Swansea 301/242

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Which is why 1st and 2nd tiers will buy tickets to games they might not go to to ensure they maintain the gap you are suggesting will close. Attendance at away games for those on 240 points or less will be on who you know, not your points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here