Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Swansea City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
It was interesting to see Tammy Abrahams reaction at the end of the game on BBC TV, looking down shaking is head .... I guess he might have been thinking why did I pick this sh*te....

then he'll remember that he picked them because he was greedy enough to demand 1m quid payment to his family (on top of all the other payments to himself and chelsea) which swansea were the only ones stupid enough to pay.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Great result. My only concern was the defend what we hold attitude in the 2nd half, which almost came unstuck with that shot that hit the bar.

Swansea were poor, and a 2nd goal would have made the last 20 mins more comfortable if we had gone for it a bit more.

the subs were positive though, so is it the team that is shutting down by itself rather than instruction from CH.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
We got lucky there, Swansea were terrible and we were also shite in the 2nd half. Hey ho, good to win when the performance is not good.

Do we really need to see it that way.
Swansea may be poor at the moment but they still have good players and they were at home, a rocket and a change of tactics at half time and you have to expect them and any other side to do better, and we are not Man City.
Their finishing and free kicks were bad but to hold on and win says a lot about us as a team that can go ahead in the game and hold on, we have a very good defence, and we had some luck which is always useful.
2 back to back away wins not bad that.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Bloody hell what a great win. We defo needed 3 points today. Great first half, awful second. Hughton needed to take Gross off much earlier- he was knackered and really slow, worst game for us. Thought we were gonna pay for that. Also knocky gave it away in some bad areas. When Tammy was through and hit the bar I thought the worst! But who gives a feck- we,re eighth!!!!!!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
And yet again it looks like I've picked me the wrong week to give up Saturday night profligate binge drinking.

Is it just a coincidence, or are these teams conveniently having a bad game when they play us, or is it because we are doing something to stop them playing well?

It didn't sound like the most enthralling game, but I'll take a 1-0 win every week, regardless of how we play.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Vintage phone in.

Caller Dave: 'Was Murray unlucky not to have played for England?' :ffsparr:

WA goes off on some waffle about Ian Wright and Alan Shearer! :ffsparr:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
It's days like today and generally the whole of the season that make me so proud of this football club and keep me going with my morale this year.

GET IN THERE!!!! :clap:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It was interesting to see Tammy Abrahams reaction at the end of the game on BBC TV, looking down shaking is head .... I guess he might have been thinking why did I pick this sh*te....

And I see Norwich lost to relegation threatened Bolton today. Abraham and Pritchard that's karma, BHA style. :)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Vintage phone in.

Caller Dave: 'Was Murray unlucky not to have played for England?' :ffsparr:

WA goes off on some waffle about Ian Wright and Alan Shearer! :ffsparr:

I’m listening to that.

Murray’s more the era of Rooney, Kane, Vardy, Sturridge, Welbeck. Let’s face it, they’re a level above, especially as far as pace is concerned or overall skills.

But Murray is proving to the doubters that he’s a PL quality finisher.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Phil Neville,who talks in a strange accent but doesn't talk shite, said that he thought Brighton were the team of the season so far. We have a very effective way of playing. I noticed during the commentary how often the commentator and Birtles, the summariser, mentioned Duffy and Dunk and our defence in general. Only 11 goals conceded in 11 games. Muzza is doing well with what he has but a faster, more skillful striker in January would move us up a level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here