Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swansea and Norwich "on alert" as Garcia set to quit Brighton

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hope its true but not sure why Swansea and Norwich would be after him which makes me think the article is rubbish.

Swansea have been playing a similar style over the last 5 years to what Oscar is familiar with since he was a youngster. They certainly have the quality players in their set up who can play it the "Oscar way"

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Hope its true but not sure why Swansea and Norwich would be after him which makes me think the article is rubbish.

Swansea and Norwich both need a new boss; that's the only thing that underpins the link. It's a weak story.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Everyone wrote off the story of Murray heading to Palace simply because it was reported by a crap newspaper. Sadly for us the story was actually 100% true.
Whose to say this one isn't?

"A broken clock is right twice a day"

If you write enough cr*p, one or two articles will actually prove to have been true... but that doesn't mean that it wasn't cr*p when it was written.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
No, murray going to palace was known well before any tabloid got ahold of it.

Incorrect. He was playing for us when the news came out. It certainly wasn't well known he was going to Palace when the Sun first reported it.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
No facts, no evidence of him actually about to quit and just an assumption from an outsider on our poor transfers. For all we know we got the players he wanted.

Basically, its your average tabloid article trying to stir things up - nothing to see here.

I was told by someone "in the know" that he allegedly quit or threaten to quit just before lingard was signed the signing of lingard was to allegedly keep him happy. If there 1% of truth in this I would not in the least be surprised to see OG leave in the summer.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I doubt it's true but I would be pretty pleased if it happened. Oscar seems like a nice guy so I wouldn't want him sacked but I wouldn't miss his negative style of football if he left and would be pleased for him if he had another job lined up.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If true (and it is only one report) it raises a number of questions about how things are being run. To paraphrase Wilde, to lose one manager may be regarded as misfortune. To lose both looks like carelessness.

That's extremely unfair to make that assumption. We 'lost' Poyet because of Poyet's ego, pure and simple. Brighton became too small for him and his ambitions and he effectively engineered his exit months before.

We don't know if Oscar is unhappy. The only person OG needs to impress is Tony Bloom who has made it clear that OG is a long-term placement. Any decent chairman with a long-term view (and we all know that TB is a Jedi Master at playing the long game) would give a young foreign manager with no English management experience plenty of time (i.e. at least a season) to find his feet in this league in this country. They would have had this conversation when OG agreed to become manager.

A top ten finish is pretty much on course for what I'd expect the first season target to be. I know TB has premiership ambitions but the appointment of OG needs time, as I've said so the close season meetings between the pair are when the targets are set in concrete.

The only position that I think is up in the air is that of Nathan Jones. OG knows whether he can work with him or not and whether he's up to the task of being assistant manager. And he's the ideal candidate to be the scapegoat to placate the fans who get all pissy-knickered we aren't walking this league with 5-0 victories every week or because OG isn't a rentaquote manager putting Brighton on the back and front pages every week.

If Tony trusts OG and OG trusts TB then we'll be fine. Us fans just need to relax a bit and enjoy the ride.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
That's extremely unfair to make that assumption. We 'lost' Poyet because of Poyet's ego, pure and simple. Brighton became too small for him and his ambitions and he effectively engineered his exit months before.

We don't know if Oscar is unhappy. The only person OG needs to impress is Tony Bloom who has made it clear that OG is a long-term placement. Any decent chairman with a long-term view (and we all know that TB is a Jedi Master at playing the long game) would give a young foreign manager with no English management experience plenty of time (i.e. at least a season) to find his feet in this league in this country. They would have had this conversation when OG agreed to become manager.

A top ten finish is pretty much on course for what I'd expect the first season target to be. I know TB has premiership ambitions but the appointment of OG needs time, as I've said so the close season meetings between the pair are when the targets are set in concrete.

The only position that I think is up in the air is that of Nathan Jones. OG knows whether he can work with him or not and whether he's up to the task of being assistant manager. And he's the ideal candidate to be the scapegoat to placate the fans who get all pissy-knickered we aren't walking this league with 5-0 victories every week or because OG isn't a rentaquote manager putting Brighton on the back and front pages every week.

If Tony trusts OG and OG trusts TB then we'll be fine. Us fans just need to relax a bit and enjoy the ride.

Intelligently put...leaves me with nothing further to add....on to the next rumour

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nope, Daily Star.

Of course, both shite though.

Dave Kidd also said Cole was interested and he's not often wrong.

Kiddo, btw, wrote my single favourite line in a match report, saying that a crowd had "accused Robbie Savage of one-in-a-bed sex romps."

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Barring a late season revival, our challenge is fizzling out. Something will need to change over the summer and I don't think it is the coach. We seem to have a problem with player motivation, for whatever reason this team has not gelled and we also seem to have a problem with player recruitment. I am sure there will/have been some serious discussions around planning for next season and without having any insight into these discussions, I really don't know what to expect, other than it won't be a case of papering over the cracks. I am not one of those impatient types, who demand we walk the league, but this season, there have been too few signs of progress for me, despite the mitigating circumstances.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

BANG. On the button.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You'll note I said IF true. If two separate managers left within a year and one of the reasons was our transfers policy we would have a problem. I find it odd that we're still discussing if he engineered his own leaving. We know from TB that he offered to leave in March but before then? And why in March? We had a very good chance of going up still, better than we do this season. Yes, of course he was a walking ego but why the 'hit the ceiling' comment? It implies dissatisfaction with the transfer policy as does the Mail article.

The rest of the post is the sort of rational, well thought out stuff I used to peddle before we embarked on this latest appalling run, dull football and no wins. Maybe I do need to chill but I see a side in free fall. I make it that we got more points in our first 20 games than our last 20 when we were supposedly injury struck with a manager learning the division. This period right now is when we were supposed to kick on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This possibility may please quite a few Albion fans but not me. Hope it's nowhere near the truth but I can understand if Oscar feels he cannot work within the constraints of being the Albion manager. We have been frustrated but I imagine it is far worse for him and if he's still in demand...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here