Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] SUSSEX V WORCESTERSHIRE LV COUNTY CHAMPIONSHIP 19-04-15 Hove 11am

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great to see him batting well, looks like the World Cup experience has helped him develop

We are leaving the collapse a little late in the day, must be due about now

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Great to see him batting well, looks like the World Cup experience has helped him develop

We are leaving the collapse a little late in the day, must be due about now

Great to see Machan getting and taking his chance. With Yardy very much a fading force, and Wells not scoring well at the moment, it's key that he's settled in.

What happened to Rory Hamilton-Brown?

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Shame. Such a talent. I guess he never got over Tom's death?

I concur, I used to really like watching him bat, but too often it was a flashy 20 or 30 and then all over. Totally agree in respect of Tom Maynard's passing and I think it had a serious effect on him. He was a great friend, his flatmate and RHB was Surrey's captain at the time. It must be a lot for someone in his mid 20's to deal with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31678947

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I concur, I used to really like watching him bat, but too often it was a flashy 20 or 30 and then all over. Totally agree in respect of Tom Maynard's passing and I think it had a serious effect on him. He was a great friend, his flatmate and RHB was Surrey's captain at the time. It must be a lot for someone in his mid 20's to deal with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/31678947

The season before he left to go back to Surrey he was a very valuable player in the team, both with bat and ball. He took a lot of important wickets in limited overs cricket bowling his leg spin. Who knows where he's be now if he's stayed at Sussex. He would certainly have gone on some England Lions tours, in my opinion.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think this is brave of Sussex. At least the match will last till tea now. I assume that Worcestershire have been employing some part-time bowling as their team coach has gone for a quick service and doesn't return till five. Keeps the game going a little longer. I went to have a bet on the draw earlier in the hope that rain settled in sooner than forecast, but the chances of a shower don't kick in till after tea. Never mind.

I thought all Sussex games were three days now, as we are not expected to make it beyond that.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
The season before he left to go back to Surrey he was a very valuable player in the team, both with bat and ball. He took a lot of important wickets in limited overs cricket bowling his leg spin. Who knows where he's be now if he's stayed at Sussex. He would certainly have gone on some England Lions tours, in my opinion.

Agreed. He bowled off break though.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008

Yep agreed, as someone later on says he bowled off spin. When I first saw him playing for us (in his late teens I reckon) I was convinced he would play for England, maybe only one dayers not tests mind.

It was a bad move to him to go to Surrey, they were floundering and he was only 22 or 23 and was catipulted in to became their captain. He should have stuck with Sussex and just concentrated on playing and getting runs and wickets. He reminded me when he batted a bit of Alec Stewart actually, lovely timer of the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here