Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Surrey friendly

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blimey, Sussex openers have put on an unbroken 50 for the first wicket - at a fair lick too (54 off 12)

On the other hand, I see that Pakistan have had a Sussex-like collapse, losing seven wickets for 20 runs on a good batting strip, new Sussex signing Rizwan getting 1. Looks he'll fit in well

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
That's more like it: a few quick wickets and Sussex are 148-5. Haines is batting well but it's going to be a long season if our overseas players don't deliver

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
No reason to expect anything other than continued trolling along as one of the weakest counties in the country at red ball and 50 over cricket.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
200 up - a ton for Haines.

I agree that we're going to struggle this season. If the overseas players come off, our batting should be OK. Haines is excellent and Ibrahim is a real prospect - I can certainly see him playing for England if he continues as he started. But I can't see us bowling teams out too often, unless Robbo is discarded by England.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would LOVE to know how Rawlins got out.

*swish*

Not quite

https://sussexcricket.co.uk/match-centre?customer-id=B20CB641-6F61-4AEA-AD19-8CF645FBB399&match-id=a7f1e5bc-c8bc-43da-bde0-4ac9ce6ecd42#$$1_036_04

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Amazingly no. It was a half-hearted push outside off stump - a ball he could have left. There was no foot movement at all, shocking shot

Ok, ok. But it is March. It's a sunny day, but it's early in the year to be playing cricket

Fair if his eyes aren't in and his feet aren't moving when the season starts, but there's an element of how people slate Albion players on their first pre season friendly display on this thread.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ok, ok. But it is March. It's a sunny day, but it's early in the year to be playing cricket

Fair if his eyes aren't in and his feet aren't moving when the season starts, but there's an element of how people slate Albion players on their first pre season friendly display on this thread.

Yes but Rawlings is just carrying on where he left off last season. Wreckless

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Yes but Rawlings is just carrying on where he left off last season. Wreckless

Yeah. A lot of the stuff I post is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I do think Sussex's batting is going to be OK but nothing will convince me that Rawlins is a F/C cricketer. He's all right in a bit of biff cricket but he's never going to build an innings.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yeah. A lot of the stuff I post is a bit tongue-in-cheek, I do think Sussex's batting is going to be OK but nothing will convince me that Rawlins is a F/C cricketer. He's all right in a bit of biff cricket but he's never going to build an innings.

Never going too bowl a side out either.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Might pop along for a bit tomorrow for my first live cricket since 2019.

:)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see Dennis Foreman's grandson is being given an outing. So, we have a team with two players whose grandads played for Sussex. That's keeping it in the family

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Who is that?

Bertie Foreman...one of the Academy players this season. Very good bowler & a really nice lad.

*His older half-brother Charlie was also a very talented cricketer & footballer, who was with the Albion and County as a youngster, but never progressed further....and happens to be my wife's nephew :smile:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bertie Foreman...one of the Academy players this season. Very good bowler & a really nice lad.

*His older half-brother Charlie was also a very talented cricketer & footballer, who was with the Albion and County as a youngster, but never progressed further....and happens to be my wife's nephew :smile:
Ah - I was just looking at the scorecard on the match day centre and assumed that the eleven who batted were the team - no Foreman on there, that's why I asked. I see that he had a bowl today though. Are they playing 13-a-side?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here