Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex v Lancashire - RL Cup Semi Final

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Odd moment... Pujara claims the catch. Vilas stands firm. Umpires consult and say Not Out. Sussex players don't protest.... so perhaps they knew?

220-6 (39 overs)

blue-afro-man

Nov 25, 2013
Odd moment... Pujara claims the catch. Vilas stands firm. Umpires consult and say Not Out. Sussex players don't protest.... so perhaps they knew?

220-6 (39 overs)

Thanks for the updates Titanic. Spent a glorious day at Hove last week with your bros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bloody hell. I have had zero interest in Sussex this year. For the first time ever I haven't followed their results, I have no clue where they are in the County Championship (but I'm going to guess at 'not very high'), and I'm pretty sure they didn't reach T20 finals. Now I find they've reached the semi-final of the 50 over cup! Wow, and fair play, I didn't think the current set-up would get us anywhere near any silverware, so I doff my cap, and also eat a small slice of humble pie. (It'll be a big slice if I find out we're doing well in the CC as well!)

I think it's helped that all the big guns are off doing the hundred, so although we lost Phil Salt, he ain't playing against us.

PS we're not doing well in the CC :(

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Vilas goes - baseball shot, tumbling catch at mid off.

Dane Vilas c Currie b Hudson-Prentice 121 (131m 99b 8x4 6x6) SR: 122.22

271-7 (44 overs)

Hopefully that will take the sting out of the final six overs... 30 from the last two overs.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I think it's helped that all the big guns are off doing the hundred, so although we lost Phil Salt, he ain't playing against us.

Yeah, since my post I've actually looked at the BBC cricket page. Normally I don't bother as the only domestic cricket they cover is the Hundred; and as discussed last year as Sussex don't have a team in it I'm not interested*

I notice that the Hundred is still going on, and that the RL Cup is described as a 'Development' competition and the final isn't even at Lords! That's taken some of the gloss off my earlier enthusiasm; basically rather than being the cricket equivalent of the FA Cup it's more the Auto Windscreens trophy or whatever for the lower league clubs. Gives us something to watch whilst the counties with Test grounds watch what now apparently passes for 'top' cricket. *Sigh* . Anyway, that humble pie is off the menu.

* I appreciate the slight hypocrisy of my position as I say I'm not interested in the Hundred as Sussex aren't in it - but I also said earlier that I haven't got any interest in the competitions that Sussex ARE in! All I can say was that I was so pissed off last year with both the overall trajectory of the First Class game and the shitshow that our beloved county had become that for my sanity I had to take a step back. I couldn't have spent another season ranting on here and in the Guardian about the Hundred or our apparent willingness to accept de-facto Minor County status.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Lancs 319-8 (50 overs, RR 6.38)

Going to be a good chase to win it for Sussex.

Needs 3 of the top six to match Vilas 121, Lamb 57 and Lavelle 50.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011

Maybe I am wrong but will not pay to support a competition that is played when the best one day players are playing in the joke Hundred.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Classic Adrian Harms commentary.... "Alsop clips it away, he's going to be caught, oh, no, he's not, it's gone for SIX" :laugh:

I love Adrian Harms. Such cuddly commentary.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Anyone know if they open the gates for a limited overs game? Ie like you can get in free after tea for a four day game

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Bowling change.. and Alsop is skittled first up by Hurt

Tom Alsop b Hurt 25 (33m 27b 3x4 1x6) SR: 92.59

58-1 (8.1 overs)

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Heading off for Fulham shortly... hopefully will be able to tune in to the dulcet tones of Adrian Harms on my phone.

It does feel like this could go all the way!

59-1 (9 overs)

Jul 7, 2003
Just as Haines was starting to get into his stride and the partnership moving on, Orr goes for 71. 126/2 now from 21.2

Some strange side discussions around FHP DJing in Ibiza and Brad Currie partying in Thailand.

Pujara in now...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lancashire's Hurt is bowling rather well.This will be tight.

And Haines has just hit a six!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here