Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We are so bad. This summer is first one I've not done any games

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's poor.

The only plus is that there was a run there, a decade or so ago, that I found celebrating our relentless success somewhat gauche and gaudy.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The way I view it with football if a team doesn't gel or isn't set up properly it's a bigger problem, but with cricket there is more focus on individual performance and it just seems crap all round

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Adams was pretty average at surrey what did he win there the 40 over cup thingy once ? with the amount of dosh surrey spunked out with him in charge they would have hoped to win a hell of a lot more than they did , things started to go tits up when we let Muzza go and Mushy hung up his golden arm , the current set up looks doomed and our ground fielding has gone to pot for whatever reason , that was always something that kept us in games , now it's very average but basically the same players , the reason can only be the management and how the players are responding or not as it looks from the outside .

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
This is what happens when you do things on the cheap , plus letting Robinson stay for at least 2 seasons to long

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The demise is typified by the quality and enthusiasm of the team in the field. I'm fed up with seeing us play other teams (e.g. recently - Kent and Hampshire) who are lively, supportive, aggressive, fit and technically proficient in the field whereas we are slow, unsupportive, quiet, apparently unmotivated, technically questionable (with one or two notable exceptions) and passive in the field. To say nothing of the quality of our batting which has been deteriorating for 3 seasons now. Ok, I accept that we are in a period of transition marrying our expenditure to the reducing income available and that we are bringing through some promising youngsters (Garton, Whittingham and Finch all show considerable promise and Archer is a potential gem if we can secure him) but it is painful to watch at times and there is always a degree of inevitability about our batting failures. I wouldn't mind if I sensed that the team was being well coached and led but I am pretty certain this is not the case and, for me, this is where the main problem lies. Davis was an appointment made on the cheap - you get what you pay for - he's got to go.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I expected better of Sussex this season. I agree that heads need to roll - we've also been one quality batsman down every since Yardy lost his form.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here