Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex University bid to build new halls of residence

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Yeah, the entire campus is a buffer between them and the village, and most of the development is already completed. You can't even see it from the rest of the campus, let alone the village. Meant to be quite nice halls though according to the one guy I know who lives there. No mobile signal though.

What are the buildings that are being constructed to the left of the new A270 flyover as you drive towards Falmer? The flyover is the one that was built as part of the stadium development.

What are the buildings that are being constructed to the left of the new A270 flyover as you drive towards Falmer? The flyover is the one that was built as part of the stadium development.
That's "The Keep" - the new East Sussex County Records Office, that will hold the historic records currently in the possession of East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The building is on the right of the A270 as you drive towards Falmer, though.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
It's called Woollards Field.

After Mr Woollard, who was the farmer at Moulsecoomb in the days when that was all fields.

Thanks. Had a look at the info on The Keep, looks like a very nice building for what it's going to be, much better than just slinging down a carbon copy office.

That's "The Keep" - the new East Sussex County Records Office, that will hold the historic records currently in the possession of East Sussex County Council and Brighton & Hove City Council. The building is on the right of the A270 as you drive towards Falmer, though.

Thank you M'Lord, you'd have thought by the time I had reached forty I could tell the difference between left and right!

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
How many Falmer NIMBYs will campaign against these? Bugger all, I expect!

I've always thought this fully exposes Falmer Parish Council's Nimbyism

The Amex site was an unloved field waiting to be engulfed by something - the Uni's, Retail, something else. As it was, that something else was the stadium - a one in a lifetime building that is turning out to be a huge succcess for the club and Brighton & Hove as a town.

That Northfield site is quite different - properly tucked away and proper Downland / Countryside and surrounded by woodland, fields etc and not that far from Ditchling Beacon.

Any objections to this from the Falmer residents? Thought not...

The possibility of vehicle / bat collisions on THAT site is HUGE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here