Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Security

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Sorry to bring the matter up on a football forum but....

Has anyone had dealings with Brighton based Sussex Security?

They say 'security' and offer all types of services but are really no more than glorified clampers raking misery on Brightonian drivers.

Placing a clamp and then charging £135.00 (+ £5.00 card fee) for removing a clamp is disgusting. I find the £5.00 card fee to really take the p1ss when you are 30 mins away from an ATM and the only option you have is to pay by card.

Sussex Security......particularly the old bint with blonde hair and the young 20 something guy who wears matrix sun glasses .... shame on you.:angry:

That is all.

If anyone knows of the owner pleas pm me their details....thankyou.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Take them to court although difficult if already paid. Could tell card company to cancel if it was credit

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
I had to pay to get the clamp off.

No pay = a tow truck and then its £300 + £135 release fee.

Really don't know how they get up in the morning to go to work :wrong:

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
3 minutes over my allocated time as well.

Came back as the wrong-un was clamping the vehicle. When I said 'oi, what are you doing' (or words to that effect) he said 'Sorry, the clamps in place nothing I can do'

c"nt.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
If you Google them you will find cases mentioned on pepipoo forums, Consumer Action Group etc. You can start a new thread there if you want to let off steam and find out how to get your money back.

You can sue them and the landowner in most cases, to get all your money back in small claims. It's not easy but it can be done - but NEVER sue a clamping firm on their own, always find out who contracted them and add their name to the case as well.

Where was the clamping carried out, what car park? What were the signs like?

Dapper

Dec 4, 2009
Had a look on those sites and couldn't see anything.

Not really letting off steam on here (well, maybe I am!) just warning fellow Brightonians about this a£sehole of a company... please don't have anything to do with them if you can.

Lady Seagull, Do you have experience of claiming back the moneys through a small claims court? Is it possible or just a myth? I know whos land it is.

You sound like you've experience of these matters?

Castello

Castello
May 28, 2009
Tottenham
I had to pay to get the clamp off.

No pay = a tow truck and then its £300 + £135 release fee.

Really don't know how they get up in the morning to go to work :wrong:

Sorry to laugh, but I imagine £135 for 10 mins work is a pretty big incentive

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here