Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Sussex Police

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Utter Shambles. That is all.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Probably referring to the shambolic ‘one way system’ upon leaving the ground. Evidently it was the club’s idea and not the Police?

I have to agree though. What’s the point of keeping palace in the ground for 25 mins if we couldn’t turn left out of the West Stand?
By the time the convergence of so many fans met outside the North (going both ways by now of course) there was a genuinely dangerous crush in parts.I was actually lifted off the ground for a few seconds, which should never be happening.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Sussex police are the same level of uselessness as the met. They’re lying scum like them as well.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Probably referring to the shambolic ‘one way system’ upon leaving the ground. Evidently it was the club’s idea and not the Police?

I have to agree though. What’s the point of keeping palace in the ground for 25 mins if we couldn’t turn left out of the West Stand?
By the time the convergence of so many fans met outside the North (going both ways by now of course) there was a genuinely dangerous crush in parts.I was actually lifted off the ground for a few seconds, which should never be happening.
Almost, we’ve just been let out of the south west.
We went clockwise as advised and were stopped at the east stand The police then Aggressively sent everyone back around anti clockwise and stopped everyone back at the Palace fans. We were herded into the South west and not allowed out until they’d gone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sussex police are the same level of uselessness as the met. They’re lying scum like them as well.

Remember the confiscated knuckle duster and knives against Palace a few seasons ago that they then retracted? Bizarre statement to put out and then admit no such weapons existed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Almost, we’ve just been let out of the south west.
We went clockwise as advised and were stopped at the east stand The police then Aggressively sent everyone back around anti clockwise and stopped everyone back at the Palace fans. We were herded into the South west and not allowed out until they’d gone.

This. Shambolic on the East side. Several aggressive coppers got it into their heads to pile through the hundreds of people waiting patiently for the muppets to disperse, screaming ‘GO BACK, GO BACK’ in full riot police mode. Totally unnecessary.

Somehow managed to avoid getting herded anywhere though after that. Just ignored the stewards and police and walked down the side of the Palace fans to reach the steps. Nothing was stopping me from getting that bus! :)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Locked on north stand for over an hour, managed to slip through, now on way home whilst everyone else locked inside

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Was told by a mate who is ex met who is in touch with colleagues that there were police from about four different forces brought in tonight . Lots of lovely overtime.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Saw so many dust ups before kick off. No sign of any segregation at all

Highlight was seeing some 50 year old skinheads having a pop at one other bloke outside west/north (at the bottom of the steps). Heard one bloke shout “surround him”. Pretty tactical I thought.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Was told by a mate who is ex met who is in touch with colleagues that there were police from about four different forces brought in tonight . Lots of lovely overtime.

Quite right as well.
No doubt some little scallywag has been nicked for shouting offensive words at another little scallywag.
These games won’t Police themselves, you know.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Tonight we were lucky there wasn’t a serious incident with someone getting crushed. The idea to force everyone around clockwise leading to a large crush outside the east stand was badly thought through. Then having the police wading like a bunch of fools. I think the club and Sussex Police need to take a long hard look at what they did tonight. It is obvious they can’t manage Crystal Palace and why was the game allowed to be moved to an evening kick off when they know there is always trouble.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Left on the whistle, strutted down the ramp and got on the 2220 or whatever it was to Brighton.

One lone Nigel giving it large soon sorted by a few fans and then the old bill, back at home for a coffee and hot cross bun.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

That was shocking. Came out of East stand turned left towards station. There’s a huge crowd not moving and trying to get forward. After 10 minutes find out there’s barriers and everyone has to go long way round so everyone that im wants to get to station trudges up round the back of the south stand to find the Palace fans are out and kettled so we can’t get passed! Loads of Albion fans asking Police and stewards what they’re meant to do and we get told they’ve moved the barriers so we all turn round and trudge back. Wasted 20 minutes of everyone’s time pointlessly. Shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
That was shocking. Came out of East stand turned left towards station. There’s a huge crowd not moving and trying to get forward. After 10 minutes find out there’s barriers and everyone has to go long way round so everyone that im wants to get to station trudges up round the back of the south stand to find the Palace fans are out and kettled so we can’t get passed! Loads of Albion fans asking Police and stewards what they’re meant to do and we get told they’ve moved the barriers so we all turn round and trudge back. Wasted 20 minutes of everyone’s time pointlessly. Shambles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All seemed completely ****ed up. I came out of the east end of the north stand after it being a proper crush to get out, to then be confronted by a wall of fans trying to walk around past the east. Managed to turn left towards the station and once out of the crowd of people was able to walk straight down to the station. How come all those people heading round the east from the west stand didn't just do what I did if they were trying to get to the station? Or have I missed something?!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I must admit for a few minutes tonight I wish our police behaved like the French and Italian riot police.

When some scummers in the first half made their way across the material in the SW corner, in France and Italy that’d be swinging batons against arms and heads, no questions asked and no pc micro analysis later to identify the coppers as over zealous.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Shambolic and dangerous tonight after the game and if someone has been hurt or had a medical emergency I won't be surprised.

Emerged from the East stand and found it hard to make progress towards the trains. Quite a lot of people were already heading the other way at this point (towards the coach park).

Then we grind to a standstill and the numbers keep growing as people spill out of the North.

The situation starts to get quite unpleasant as bodies are forced ever closer together and you can see that kids and older people in particular are getting stressed.

Then we see hundreds of people turn to face us because apparently police have ordered them to turn around and head towards the south stand, where our friends from Croydon are about to spill out.

At this point there is confusion in the crowd and people are starting to get a bit concerned that the crush is worsening. But no instructions from police via loudhailer or from any of the stewards so essentially you have two groups of supporters pushing into each other and getting nowhere.

We decided to find a route through the oncoming surge of bodies, towards the bike shelters. On the way we ask stewards what the instructions are. They don't know.

We finally emerge near the bikes and ask the police what's going on and to do something to stop the crush. A senior officer asks us what we think they should do. "Let people through" is the only answer. In other words, on their normal route towards the trains.

Then the police start running towards the crowd and the pressure is relieved.

I'm not trying to make this sound worse than it was – I'm just trying to recount the order of events while they're fresh in my mind. But it was an unneccessarily dangerous situation to be caught up in and I have absolutely no idea what the police plan was, because neither the police or the stewards appeared to be able to explain it.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
After seeing kids and women getting crushed in the north stand entrance on exit I spoke to a copper who said it was the clubs idea and they where sending urgent messages to those in charge it wasn’t working Barber has some explaining to do.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
There was a line of 20 of them near the station and my mate tried to high five them all or just fist (leave it) TBF he got 4

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here