Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sussex Last Home Game- Tuesday 9 September v Lancashire

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Croft gone now so only 4 wickets left and 190 or so ahead.

As an aside but related, when we beat the Yorkies first match I thought this was our season. Inconsistency and not finishing off teams has been our downfall. Also I cant help think that the one day matches which near enough split the 4 day season in two, are essentially offputting and maybe not good in the long run, for the overall Test Mmatch preparatory 4 day first class format? Maybe scatter the one day format more evenly throughout the season?

Alternatively relegate Surrey to Division 3?

TNBA

TTF

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
Lancs are currently 318/6 which is 204 ahead and I noticed the odds with bet365. They are offerring 13/8 on us winning, 8/5 on Lancs and 9/4 on the draw. That makes the draw the longest odds, surely that is the most likely isn't it? Have they made a mistake?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lancs are currently 318/6 which is 204 ahead and I noticed the odds with bet365. They are offerring 13/8 on us winning, 8/5 on Lancs and 9/4 on the draw. That makes the draw the longest odds, surely that is the most likely isn't it? Have they made a mistake?

A draw is no use to Lancs, so the odds are based on the likelihood that there will be a very sporting declaration. Some time pretty soon, you would think.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Aside, I see Yorkshire have done the business to clinch the title this morning. Most interesting fact to me was that 10 out of the 11 playing in this match had come through their academy. They also did it with a fair few of their players on England duty all summer as well.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Fair play to Yorkshire, their side is very talented and they are worthy champions.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sussex would be ill advised to chase a target. A draw pretty much secures our status in the top flight, the next match being at Northampton, who are relegated already. A defeat would put us at risk.

Edit: Lancashire are at home to Middlesex in their final match. So there is still hope for them, if Middlesex lose at Somerset next.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So the choice is chase 251 or bat out about 4 hours think I would settle for batting it out unless the runs come easily with no loss of wickets and re adjust at tea as required.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here