Sussex eye hospital - parking

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
the one in Eastern road.

I've got to take my mum there on tuesday to have an assessment.

Can anyone tell me what parking is like on site (she has got disabled badges) or on the streets around there ?

Harley S

Aug 31, 2008
There are disabled parking spaces in the car park but from memory, you still have to pay the normal parking charge. Hope this helps.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
There is a line of disabled bays along the road that the Eye Hospital entrance is. Sudeley Terrace.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
went last week parked other side of road in main hospital. Just a bit expensive, but 1 min from eye hospital. Very easy.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Parking around there is horrendous unless you are lucky and grab a disabled bay of which the roads around there have a few as well as outside of the main entrance. With a blue badge your best hope is double yellow lines in a side road. Hospital car parking charges are very expensive.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
the one in Eastern road.

I've got to take my mum there on tuesday to have an assessment.

Can anyone tell me what parking is like on site (she has got disabled badges) or on the streets around there ?

Pretty much what everybody else has said.

You can park at the main hospital car park, prices are just slightly higher than on street parking, but disabled still have to pay. I would imagine the walk would be too much for a disabled person unless you have a wheelchair for your mum.

On street disabled parking available right outside the hospital as already mentioned. Or double yellow line parking if needed (keep your eye on the 3 hour window, the traffic wardens are pretty sharp around that area!).

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I have parked actually on Eastern Road very close to the eye hospital, with my blue badge. But as most have said, there are a number of disabled parking bays in Suedely Terrace, and also Paston Place has disabled parking opposite the taxi rank.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt trust Brighton traffic wardens not to do anything to give a ticket. My mother had a blue badge and we stopped to do her shopping with her which was all ok on the way through Brighton she realiosed that she hadnt bought any milk so I stopped outside of Tesco Express and nippe in to get hera pint. I put the disabled badge up and came out to find a warden preparing to write a ticket, his reasoning being that the blue badge is not effective if somebody is in the car, even the driver. This may be technically true but it is pushing his power to the limit I think. Had she got out the car and stood by it in the rain the badge would have been effective.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports