Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Sussex CCC V Hampshire CCC*** Friends Life T20 Match Thread

Paul Watson

Aug 23, 2009
Haven't seen us get hammered like that in a while. Hampshire look a very good side and seem to have the right mix with class, experience and youth. Look favourites to win it but who knows in T20.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Just got back,lovely day,full house,rowdy Hampshire support!.Totally outclassed with bat and ball.Our mid order is non existent but we are still in it.We need Wrighty back Asap.It would be lovely to have a fully fit squad and do Hampshire on finals day.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
That was the worst i've ever seen us play.
Really builds the confidence ahead of the four day game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Packed wasn't it! Got in the North Gate at around 2.25pm and not a seat to be found, in the end managed to clamber into a pair of seats in the family stand with my 5yr old son. Thought Hampshire batted with real intelligence, and paced their innings perfectly. Just when I thought we'd slowed their run rate down and had a chance of keeping them below 170, they just blitzed the final 3 overs, although some of that was down to Umar Gul bowling some utter short pitched leg side tripe!

Always going to be tough chasing a run rate at just under 10 an over, never got going did we. Still, great crowd in.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Totally outclassed on all fronts.

Really need to pull our socks up on Friday but with the way things are a win will probably get us a home tie in the semis. Could be a very costly tie for Zomerzet yesterday

I think Joyce and Luke (is he going to be able to play on Friday) in for Loo Vincent and Ben Brown would make us have a lot longer batting line up. We have got Hampshire in a 4 dayer today also and I can't see a thread about it.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Totally outclassed on all fronts.

Really need to pull our socks up on Friday but with the way things are a win will probably get us a home tie in the semis. Could be a very costly tie for Zomerzet yesterday

I think Joyce and Luke (is he going to be able to play on Friday) in for Loo Vincent and Ben Brown would make us have a lot longer batting line up. We have got Hampshire in a 4 dayer today also and I can't see a thread about it.

Looked like a very positive confident spirit in the Hampshire camp to me, a real spring in their step and a very strong mix of youth and experience, so surprising they are bottom of the championship table. Does show the stark difference between the requirements of the different formats.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Looked like a very positive confident spirit in the Hampshire camp to me, a real spring in their step and a very strong mix of youth and experience, so surprising they are bottom of the championship table. Does show the stark difference between the requirements of the different formats.

I read some of the comments earlier and pretty much agreed with them. Their batting innings was almost a template for a perfect T20 innings. 50 or so after 6 overs, keep it ticking along in the middle overs (with almost a boundry an over) then have a real blast with wickets in hand in the last 4 or 5 overs or so. We had a mountain to climb at the changeover and scoreboard pressure soon got to us.......but if we can get through if we play them again it will be on finals day and each game of T20 if one person can come off it could be a completely different result. Joyce for Vincent too for Friday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here