Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Sussex CCC - 2024 edition

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
An enjoyable day one with Sussex looking decent and Danny Lamb looking like the pick of our bowlers. Seales with running in hard and showed how much it meant to him when he took took his first wicket of Charlesworth.
Disappointingly Ollie Robinson seems to have lost a bit of oomph and never really looked liked an England fast bowler.

As mentioned by Scappa above, if Clark and Coles had both caught straightforward catches in the slips then Sussex would have been in a much better position. But that is the beauty of this wonderful game.
Let's hope we can compile a decent lead today.
#GOSBTS

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
50 for Clark.

Looking around the scorecards, I do get the impression that there have been fewer overs bowled by spinners this round (albeit we're only a day and a bit into the games). A nod to Dawson for taking 5 wickets in the first innings against Warwickshre at the Rose Bowl.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
50 for Clark.

Looking around the scorecards, I do get the impression that there have been fewer overs bowled by spinners this round (albeit we're only a day and a bit into the games). A nod to Dawson for taking 5 wickets in the first innings against Warwickshre at the Rose Bowl.
Oh ffs. I'm going to stop posting on this thread.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
50 for Clark.

Looking around the scorecards, I do get the impression that there have been fewer overs bowled by spinners this round (albeit we're only a day and a bit into the games). A nod to Dawson for taking 5 wickets in the first innings against Warwickshre at the Rose
Clark always looks unconvincing. It is all he can manage, not to get out.
He is the ninth-best batsman in the team imo.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Clark always looks unconvincing. It is all he can manage, not to get out.
He is the ninth-best batsman in the team imo.
Doesn't seem to line himself up correctly, especially when bowler is going round the wicket. Ends up playing across the line. But 50 is a useful contribution.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Doesn't seem to line himself up correctly, especially when bowler is going round the wicket. Ends up playing across the line. But 50 is a useful contribution.
They probably keep the faith with him because he can hit a sweet boundary. Trouble is, he finds it so difficult not to give his wicket away. Like you say, a useful contribution today but he rode his luck to say the least. He was nearly out a dozen times .

OT, Good win for Lincoln today , Lincolnshire Seagull. Not much good for my second team though! (Oxford United)

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
No wickets yet this morning... 116-6, lead 54.

Lamb into the attack after Hammond has a go at Coles.

RR is about 2... with 82 overs remaining... no need to panic yet, but we don't want this to get much more difficult than 160 from 40.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Carson strikes after lunch!

Miles Hammond lbw b Carson 77 (204b 7x4 1x6 283m) SR: 37.74

166-7, lead 104

Interesting decision.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here