Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surround sound advice

lucky007

Apr 12, 2010
West Sussex
Anyone know much about good surround sound set ups?

I got myself a new LG TV over Xmas and need to get a good surround system for it, I also have SKY HD and the PS3 that I would like running though it.

Any suggestions or can anyone point me in the right place for sound advice.

Cheers guys and Happy New year!!!

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
This may be a very silly question, but if you have surround sound, what different does having a 3D picture make ?

Advertising to catch the gullible. Just like speakers that are labelled 'digital'.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
This may be a very silly question, but if you have surround sound, what different does having a 3D picture make ?

its not just the speakers it has a receiver too . so you plug all your bits into to receiver (sky hd , ps3 etc ) thenplug the receiver into the tv. the receiver can handle a 3d source if you het sky 3d for example and have a 3d tv.

manilaseagull

Used to be Swindonseagull
its not just the speakers it has a receiver too . so you plug all your bits into to receiver (sky hd , ps3 etc ) thenplug the receiver into the tv. the receiver can handle a 3d source if you het sky 3d for example and have a 3d tv.

From what I can read the receiver is a Radio receiver....and its also just the "distribution" hub that you plug your components into.

As said earlier 3D is a picture no difference in sound...I think 3D " 3 Dimensional" might be a give away.

I have a Bose lifestyle 48, but I won it in a raffle and would not buy one. handles picture and sound fantastically but way to expensive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here