Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely palace can't...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Game set and match BHAFC (as always) :ffsparr:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
A ridiculous debate. People who, presumably, go and support their team and have done for some time arguing about when some other people started coming along themselves.

It's bizarre that Palace fans, with their club enjoying one of the most successful periods in their entire history, are bothering to get into a tit-for-tat over attendances. You think they'd concentrate on what really matters: their success on the field.

It's particularly bizarre given attendances is one area where Palace have not excelled. You can only compare like-for-like and the last time that happened was 2012-13. Two clubs with stadiums with enough capacity for their fanbase and both challenging at the right end of the same division. Palace's average attendance was 17,280, and Albion's 26,236. That's 51.8% higher. It's not even close.

Yes, because it is always us that bring up attendance's.

It was a Saturday night, as I live in London, I er had something to do. No idea how I was shown up. Ive lived all over London including 5 areas of S London, both inner and outer in the past. But have it your way. As for the rest well read the post before, you will see the answers to you post plus I suppose you could ask where our missing 10,000 have gone snce we were getting 34000 for Rochdale in the third division. By the way, why are you on a forum of a club that is not your own on a Saturday night. You really should get out and about in London, its a great city you know.

I am on my tablet, looking at a few sites. I rarely go out what with work(especially the nights, my body clock is shot) and kids.

Oh do f uck off. Classic ignorant Palace fan post about our crowds at Withdean. Do come back when you know what you're talking about....on second thoughts, please don't.

Love and kisses sweetness.

Game set and match BHAFC (as always) :ffsparr:

Yes because you lot always have the upper hand :ffsparr:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You would have though with 27k plus fans trying to get in to a 7k capacity stadium that it would have been full every game, but it was not.
No you wouldn't. Firstly, I wouldn't expect the Brighton fans to go and fill the away section of the ground, so it would rarely be full. Secondly, fans like me only went to one in three matches at the Withdean (because it was such an awful place to watch football) - I was an STH for some years and shared an STH for a couple, and didn't go to every game I had a ticket for - and in those days, we didn't display the number of tickets sold, we displayed the actual attendance. I'm back to having my own ST, and even if I can't make it my attendance is recorded (as it would be at Selhurst) so if every fan was like me, the home attendance now would be 3 times higher, which isn't far off.

Add into that the fact that we're more likely to take our kids to the AMEX than the Withdean, and you can see why the numbers have increased so much.

It's fairly understandable that many of us go to more games now than we did then. The idea that most of us never used to go at all is delusional.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
I am sure Withdean was sold out for the majority of games and think we had the highest home attendances percentage against capacity, the times it was not 95% full was when we played the smaller clubs like Palace who did not sell their away fans allocation!!. Let's all be honest given same situation and facilities we would be both have similar crowds, fact is we get bigger ones at the moment due to the fact we have a better stadium, simple.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Your fellow Palace fans do. It goes to show that it is not always easy to get a source just because someone asks.

I remember clear as anything that a petition that was set up to get us playing back in Brighton was signed by 30,000 people, but if you asked me for a source I wouldn't know how to get it to show you.
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/6711256.Letter__Our_referendum_said_yes_to_a_stadium_at_Falmer/
The figure was 66K people voted in the the towns referendum and 44k voted in favor for the Albion to return to Brighton and for the ground to be built at Falmer.

As he like's people to give the source of the figures and call them liars if not readily available, it is obvious he will undoubtedly have the source to back up any figures he state's and his statement that there were only 16k in the ground on Friday night. So what is his source for those figures?

I find it hard to take all his bollox (and over the years he has been posting, there has been lots of it) when he is an armchair fan that rarely actually goes to a Palace game. But then again they have many of them that come out when they are in the top division and will disappear as soon as they are relegated again.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/6711256.Letter__Our_referendum_said_yes_to_a_stadium_at_Falmer/
The figure was 66K people voted in the the towns referendum and 44k voted in favor for the Albion to return to Brighton and for the ground to be built at Falmer.

As he like's people to give the source of the figures and call them liars if not readily available, it is obvious he will undoubtedly have the source to back up any figures he state's and his statement that there were only 16k in the ground on Friday night. So what is his source for those figures?

I find it hard to take all his bollox (and over the years he has been posting, there has been lots of it) when he is an armchair fan that rarely actually goes to a Palace game. But then again they have many of them that come out when they are in the top division and will disappear as soon as they are relegated again.
By his own logic, if he can't give the source for this fictional 16K then he is in his own words a liar, so he must have already recieved the figures from somewhere ???

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Bath night ? This would seem to indicate you don't have a bath every day ...........

He's a Palace fan. The great unwashed. Gotta wait for that one night of the week when the family fill up the tin bath in the kitchen and take it in turns.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Neither do I , haven't even got one, but he mentioned bath night , which would indicate he has a bath just not every night.

I have a bath, its where the Mrs washes the clothes. She used to do them in the outside chemical toilet but its a bit cold this time of year. If only I had a big house like all them there well off Brighton folks :lol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
You can only compare like-for-like and the last time that happened was 2012-13. Two clubs with stadiums with enough capacity for their fanbase and both challenging at the right end of the same division. Palace's average attendance was 17,280, and Albion's 26,236. That's 51.8% higher. It's not even close.

Nail on the head. Nothing else to discuss after that.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
Thanks for your input. Bath night, school tomorrow.

I'm so very glad to be helpful. Perhaps you'd like to sod off and not bother boring us all on this site anymore. I for one would be quite happy and I'd probably study a little harder tomorrow in English Lit.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the wheelie bin, we have to find a use for it as we just chuck all the rubbish out the window.

Unlike that rather dense and boringly pedantic troll Little Al, you appear to have a sense of humour :thumbsup:

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009

Cheers for that. His 16k figure just makes him look stupid. That would mean that 1 in 3 people who had tickets to the match just didn't bother turning up. I'm sure that there wasn't an actual 24,000 bums on seats but 8,000 no shows? Sometime people should just think before typing.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Cheers for that. His 16k figure just makes him look stupid. That would mean that 1 in 3 people who had tickets to the match just didn't bother turning up. I'm sure that there wasn't an actual 24,000 bums on seats but 8,000 no shows? Sometime people should just think before typing.

I wouldn't be so sure.
Last seasons game against Wigan had a recorded attendance of 23,044, but the actual attendance was 16.133

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here