Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Palace fans resorting to type...

Crystal Palace fans threaten to riot if Zaha is sold to Spurs

Crystal Palace fans have threatened to riot following reports linking star man Wilfried Zaha with a move to London rivals Tottenham Hotspur.

News broke this lunchtime that Spurs have made an enquiry about the 23-year-old with SkySportsNews and the Daily Mail reporting the North London club are willing to spend £15m.

With fan favourites Yannick Bolasie and Mile Jedinak already being sold this summer, news that academy product could be sold as well has not gone down well with Eagles fans.

http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/crystal-palace-fans-threaten-to-riot-if-zaha-is-sold-to-spurs

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
and since then he has done nothing apart from dive around the place. Would be hilarious to see both him and Bolasie leave in the same transfer window.

We've signed Townsend who has better stats than both of them. A replacement would be brought in and as I say, don't rule out Knockaert.

Last edited:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
We've signed Towsend who has better stats than both of them. A replacement would be brought in and as I say, don't rule out Knockaert.

Oh, anything is possible - including Palace getting the same answer they got when they made a bid for Dunk.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
You think you could afford to turn down a bid in the region of £12-15 million for him? I highly doubt it.

If that is an honest question, then yes we could afford it. Considering how influential the player is to us, it would have to be one mammoth bid to even remotely consider.

The player is unlikely to have his head turned at this stage either i'm afraid. Feel free to bounce.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
No proof that happened. Tomkins was our number 1 target and is a far better player.

So you are happy to say that there was no proof that a bid for Dunk from Palace was made and turned down despite a lot of the papers reporting it; but then turn around and state that Tomkins was first choice, which you can't actually prove, and is a better player, which is a subjective opinion?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
So you are happy to say that there was no proof that a bid for Dunk from Palace was made and turned down despite a lot of the papers reporting it; but then turn around and state that Tomkins was first choice, which you can't actually prove, and is a better player, which is a subjective opinion?

It was reported in 1 or 2 papers, what does that prove?? We have had loads of players linked to us and they haven't transpired.

I'm basing my opinion on stats, Tomkins has over 200 games at the top level wheras Dunk has 0. Who do you think is the better player?

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
I'm having a MAMMOTH bet on Palace going down, all the RATS leaving the SINKING ship now. When we go UP the Premier League will welcome us with OPEN arms as there are too many TINPOT teams like Palace and Bournemouth spoiling it now.

How can they sell the TV rights to China when they show DUMPS like Selhurst and Dean Court ?

PROVE it on here then! I reckon you're talking out your ARSE. No way should we be near the bottom 3 with the team we have now.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
It was reported in 1 or 2 papers, what does that prove?? We have had loads of players linked to us and they haven't transpired.

I'm basing my opinion on stats, Tomkins has over 200 games at the top level wheras Dunk has 0. Who do you think is the better player?

I tell you what, I'll answer your above question when you answer mine. I'll make it a little more concise for you as you may have lost it in my last post?

Are you happy to state as fact that Tomkins was first choice, given that it has not been reported anywhere that that was the case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here