Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Wickham out for up to 6 months.

Palace hilarity aside, I do feel for Wickham. He seems to be one of those players who breaks up a career of injuries with the odd game of football.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Palace hilarity aside, I do feel for Wickham. He seems to be one of those players who breaks up a career of injuries with the odd game of football.

This does rather highlight the need to understand Murray's status here. I don't think I could stomach losing him to the Nigels AGAIN.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

Shared sympathy for the individual aside, I don't welcome this news as being beneficial to the Palace demise. Wickham is no better than bang average, in Premier League also-ran terms. They will now have to replace him in January, with a player who is almost guaranteed to be better.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Shared sympathy for the individual aside, I don't welcome this news as being beneficial to the Palace demise. Wickham is no better than bang average, in Premier League also-ran terms. They will now have to replace him in January, with a player who is almost guaranteed to be better.

"Almost guaranteed to be better" ?

I wouldn't be so sure. They actually signed Adebayor last January :lolol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The Wickham news prompted me to see what's going on with Loic Remy, the season-loan striker who got injured as soon as he joined Palace. This from a couple of days ago...

Crystal Palace will be without Loic Remy for another three weeks at least after the striker suffered a calf injury in training.

The France forward has been out with a thigh problem and has yet to feature for Palace since joining the club on a season-long loan from Chelsea in August.

Palace boss Alan Pardew said: "Like all long-term injuries, Loic has picked up another in a different injury.

"It's a calf injury. That's a disappointment."

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

I wouldn't be so sure. They actually signed Adebayor last January :lolol:

True

(Though Adebayour, in a parallel universe where he wasn't a massive prick, and actually gave a shit, would be a far superior footballer to Connor Wickham)

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

I wouldn't be so sure. They actually signed Adebayor last January [emoji38]ol:
Will Parish and the yanks really allow Pardew (if he's there, or whoever) to spunk another £10m+ on a striker in January anyway? They did £30m in on Benteke (and that's gone well).

Surely it's the defence that they need to strengthen, and the midfield, and the goalkeeper, and the coaching, and....

#pardewin

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
True

(Though Adebayour, in a parallel universe where he wasn't a massive prick, and actually gave a shit, would be a far superior footballer to Connor Wickham)

But we're not in a parallel universe, and in THIS universe the signing of Adebayor was hilariously bad.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
But we're not in a parallel universe, and in THIS universe the signing of Adebayor was hilariously bad.

There was a tremendous thread at the time where almost everyone on here was telling the Nigels what an expensive DISASTER it would be signing that complete and utter waster. They wouldn't have it though.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Will Parish and the yanks really allow Pardew (if he's there, or whoever) to spunk another £10m+ on a striker in January anyway? They did £30m in on Benteke (and that's gone well).

Surely it's the defence that they need to strengthen, and the midfield, and the goalkeeper, and the coaching, and....

#pardewin

"Pards" has got a meeting with the owners this week apparently. Like you, I can't believe they'll keep him on and let him loose into another transfer window after the year they've just had. We live in hope though.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014

There was a tremendous thread at the time where almost everyone on here was telling the Nigels what an expensive DISASTER it would be signing that complete and utter waster. They wouldn't have it though.

It was DESPERATE, is what it was. A hail Mary.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Ed Balls is now free to take over the touchline dancing role at Palace.

Bit of a conflict though as he's also chairman at Norwich.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Connor Wickham out for sometime now it seems. Possibly rest of the season.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

#pardewin

I don't think Pardew can take the blame on his own for signings, as I think history shows Parish has more than the normal input as to who the manager can and can't sign. Both Freedman and Holloway have commented about his involvement on signings in the past.

Last edited:

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008

I like the stats for Burnley

4TH. - £3.39 PER POINT
If you’d have offered Burnley 14 points from 13 games before the season, they’d have snapped your hand off. Sean Dyche is doing well with a limited budget.

That means their whole squad is worth £47.46

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here