Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I seem to remember a lot of people saying that Gayle was not worth what we paid for him, seems to be doing okay.

We only have one problem, Pardew. Get rid of him and we will be more than okay again.

Makes it all the more baffling that Pardew decided to pay Adebayor £100k a week rather than play him doesn't it?!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I believe it was £8.8m net spend . Also with all the players we released the wage bill hasn't increased by much so it's all good for the new manager in the next window .
So why all the mortgages?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
1. Keeping us off top spot, doesn't stop us going up, though.

2. Glad that Brighton not winning a title is 'good enough' for you, as a season goal. Personally I like my own team to not be shit, but each to their own.

3. As you should be. Statistically, right now, you are far more likely to be in the Prem next season than we are. For now.

My only season goal is getting rid of Pardew and surviving. That is the only way we will improve, not only is he clueless he has no redeeming features, I really cannot stand him.
I don't think you will go up, just an opinion though.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Makes it all the more baffling that Pardew decided to pay Adebayor £100k a week rather than play him doesn't it?!

Gayle has always baffled me, it wasn't only Pardew who hardly played him. I really don't know why he was not given more of a chance.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Gayle has always baffled me, it wasn't only Pardew who hardly played him. I really don't know why he was not given more of a chance.

IMO Gayle did not work hard enough off the ball, a team like Palace need 10 outfield players working hard. On the ball a great player off the ball not so good. Also I am not sure Gayle was a "one man up top " fella, works better in a 4 4 2 type team again Palace are not that team (even though when they do play 4 4 2 they seem to play better but thats to do with the fraud managing them)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Since Palace have now spent 7 years in the Premiership and 16 years in the top league against a fat zero and a measly 4 for Albion that makes your situation something like a unicycle trying to stay upright. Thanks to Mr Bloom.
Blablabla you live in a shithole though[emoji23]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I must say all this Pardew bashing from his own fans is extremely nice to see. Utter, utter cockwomble.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Simon Jordan will be very touched at your concern for him.

How about HMRC, Lloyds Bank London Ambulance Service. Kings Ferry Ltd and NPower to name a few, is it OK for them to lose their money?
Of the £32,063,787 owed in this admin, only £7,853,353 was quoted to be Simon Jordans money on the creditors list.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just listened to 5-live slurping up Pardew.

Lots of talk about his job not being under threat, keeping English managers, blaming the sacking culture, legend at Selhurst.

Music to my ears :vuvu:

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I must say all this Pardew bashing from his own fans is extremely nice to see. Utter, utter cockwomble.

I know, how the mighty fall! :lolol:

IMG_0145.PNG

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
IMO Gayle did not work hard enough off the ball, a team like Palace need 10 outfield players working hard. On the ball a great player off the ball not so good. Also I am not sure Gayle was a "one man up top " fella, works better in a 4 4 2 type team again Palace are not that team (even though when they do play 4 4 2 they seem to play better but thats to do with the fraud managing them)

I agree with that, except we played adebayor and he never did much. I think Gayle will be perfectly at home in the premier though, just a shame we couldn't make it work with him.
Anyway roll on Saturday and another Pardew masterclass.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To think he nearly won them the cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here