Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Croydon Advertiser :

Sam Allardyce made a public apology to the Crystal Palace fans this afternoon (Saturday), following his side's 4-0 defeat at home to relegation rivals Sunderland.

The Palace supporters vented their anger at half time as the players made their way towards the tunnel, with one fan even trying to enter the pitch to confront defender Damien Delaney.

There were loud boos again at full time after the crushing defeat, and Allardyce said he understood the frustrations of the home support.

"I apologise to the fans for coming and seeing what they saw in the first half," said Allardyce in his post-match press conference.

"They want to get behind us and support us, but we didn't do anything for them to get behind in the first half."

READ MORE: Crystal Palace fans hit out at 'embarrassing debacle'

And Allardyce denied that he took Damien Delaney off at half time as a result of him being confronted by an angry supporter as the players went down the tunnel.

"No, not really no," he said.

"We played a very good game with that system at Bournemouth and then completely lost the way we should play at home.

"I had to change the system to help the players get better.

"We showed a bit of fighting spirit, but Sunderland had been gifted four goals and it was a very disappointing day for us all.

"It is my responsibility now to make sure we turn this round as quickly as possible."

READ MORE: Even Sunderland's manager was surprised by scoreline

Read more at http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/...0111770-detail/story.html#tcvST9AKO9GepVzh.99

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Palace really are transformed under big Sam. Not even I thought they'd manage to be 4 goals down to the team bottom of the league at half time. Have to give the man credit

I've got to hold my hands up on the appointment of big Sam, I was totally wrong.

I thought Pardew was the man to get Palace to where they belong but Sam has done an amazing job. It's not often you sack a manager who is delivering to fans exactly what they deserve and then get another one who is able to deliver even more!

The scandal around the England job meant that Sam had the perfect credentials and ethics for the job but I couldn't have imagined he'd be better at it than Pardew.

Thanks Sam & thanks to Palace fans for the way they have conducted themselves today. They have shown the world what they are all about. I'm very proud of our neighbours right now.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Football, it's a funny old game.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Don't they come on here and tell us how great it is to be a Premier leauge team and how bad it is to be in the Championship. Not sure I would want to swap places, does not look like a bundle of laughs to me. Still good to have a good laugh at that result and seemly melt down going on up there. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Hilarious, just seen the clip where those diehards vent their anger singing ' you're not fit to wear the shirt'. If you consider what a pile of sh1t has worn it over so many decades this lot must be absolutely off the scale bad.

I was feeling down in the dumps after the Hudds result, you know after seeing Crispall PalArse turned over by a shit team like Sunderland clean made me forget Thursday result .. Happy Days

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
606 starting with Palace on now. I do like a good radio comedy.

What did the representative of the greatest fans in the Premier League have to say?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Have even ONE of our Palace residents put in an appearance this evening?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Another fan on convinced they are down.

I'm still confident that they will survive, but then again I expected them to at least get a draw today, especially after seemingly having turned a corner on Tuesday.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apart from their dire form that has been stinking out Selhurst Park for the best part of 2 years now, their biggest problem seems to be the resurgence of Hull and Sunderland.

Hull picked up an away point at Old Trafford midweek and then beat Liverpool at home today. And Sunderland got an unlikely point vs Spurs midweek and then smashed 4 past Palace before half-time. Whilst everybody else is scrapping for their lives, Palace are imploding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here