Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
That would imply we cheated intentionally when really it was naïve financial mis-management and other circumstances like relegation that caused it.

So, when one of yours deposits excrement in your dressing-room at the Amex, and you know that it was one of yours, but you let the world think that it was one of ours, and continue to let the world think that it was one of ours, that is not cheating deliberately in any moral sense?

Your owners were happy to let your fans pay the St John’s Ambulance, post-administration, when they had the money to pay the charity themselves.
A few short months later, your owners had the money to pay Glenn Murray considerably more than we could pay him.
Your owners were happy to let another club take the blame for your shite (literally).

A bunch of cheats? No, not you lot.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
BS

You may well have a couple of Palace mates who only seem to pass your negative information, Fair enough. But don't expect anyone to believe you, Would be the same if I started posting crap about Brighton that was passed to me from a Tarquin, Give it a rest eh!

I don't really care what you think, ok I know is that you talk more rubbish than anyone else on here and it appears that you are spouting different crap to what most of your other fans are saying on your websites. Why would I make up the fact that I have Palace mates, although anyone who knows me will confirm that I was with 3 of them on Sunday where they gave me their thoughts. I don't need to make it up, just read your own messages boards, as they confirm what your real fans are saying, not some person who just can not admit that maybe something not that right at the Palace and to say that you have World Class players is laughable, Messi, Ronaldo are, your top players can't even get into their national teams, so hardly world class. Apologies to you if you did not say they were world class but I get the 2 or 3 Palace fans on here mixed up as they all can't see anything but bad for Brighton and good for Palace, which is fine, but go back to your own site please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It's weird, it seems to me that literally all football fans other than Palace fans can see that Bolasie is a far, far better all-round player than the very one-dimensional Zaha.

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
So, when one of yours deposits excrement in your dressing-room at the Amex, and you know that it was one of yours, but you let the world think that it was one of ours, and continue to let the world think that it was one of ours, that is not cheating deliberately in any moral sense?

Your owners were happy to let your fans pay the St John’s Ambulance, post-administration, when they had the money to pay the charity themselves.
A few short months later, your owners had the money to pay Glenn Murray considerably more than we could pay him.
Your owners were happy to let another club take the blame for your shite (literally).

A bunch of cheats? No, not you lot.

Last edited:

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
It's weird, it seems to me that literally all football fans other than Palace fans can see that Bolasie is a far, far better all-round player than the very one-dimensional Zaha.

To be fair they do watch him every week and that's their opinion and to be honest respect that. When I see motd Zaha spends most of his time on the deck moaning at refs and his own players, but that's just a glimpse and yes my mates (yes I do have some)agree with the goons on here that Zaha is better than Bolaise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
That would imply we cheated intentionally when really it was naïve financial mis-management and other circumstances like relegation that caused it.

You do not become broke over night. Management were very much aware of the problems and chose to ignore it. Instead of cutting costs they carried on regardless and so cheating is a very good description. Criminal would be better but it appears that normal practice doesn't apply to football clubs.

The fact that the club did this twice just makes the situation worse.

BHA decided that whatever happened we would not go this route and so the club was run on a shoestring and it's taken us many years to recover. What that says about BHA and what it says about palace I will leave upto you to decide ....

Return of the Makh

May 11, 2014
You do not become broke over night. Management were very much aware of the problems and chose to ignore it. Instead of cutting costs they carried on regardless and so cheating is a very good description. Criminal would be better but it appears that normal practice doesn't apply to football clubs.

The fact that the club did this twice just makes the situation worse.

BHA decided that whatever happened we would not go this route and so the club was run on a shoestring and it's taken us many years to recover. What that says about BHA and what it says about palace I will leave upto you to decide ....

Why would they carry on spending money they didn't have? They would know it would end in one way and that would be going bust. Lots of companies go under and most of the time it's not there fault intentionally.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013

Except Spurs apparently, who were happy to let Bolasie go to Everton without bidding and yet tried to get Zaha.

Palace fans have watched both players for years. It has always been clear to us that Zaha is the better player. He was better in the Championship and he's better now.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Except Spurs apparently, who were happy to let Bolasie go to Everton for £24m without bidding and yet tried to get Zaha for £15m.

Palace fans have watched both players for years. It has always been clear to us that Zaha is the better player. He was better in the Championship and he's better now.
Just added the important piece of information that might explain that situation.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Why would they carry on spending money they didn't have? They would know it would end in one way and that would be going bust. Lots of companies go under and most of the time it's not there fault intentionally.

A very good question but it still doesn't change the fact that they did! It both cases it was a case of gross stupidity and a fair bit of arrogance. The writing was very much on the wall but was ignored. No, blaming someone else isn't going to work but it does speak volumes ....

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Just added the important piece of information that might explain that situation.

Everton's first bid for Bolasie was only £15m. The first official bid from a club is usually around half of what they're willing to pay. Spurs knew that this bid was going to be rejected, they were just trying to unsettle the player (which seems like it might have worked.) If it wasn't for Steve Parish telling them to bugger off, I'm sure their next bid would've been above the £20m mark.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Everton's first bid for Bolasie was only £15m. The first official bid from a club is usually around half of what they're willing to pay.
So obviously for you to be correct, Spurs will come back with an offer of up to £24m then. :thumbups:

Or maybe, as others have said, your one dimensional sarf London gangster isn't actually rated all that highly by everyone else. It's only you Nigels that have him down as the third best player in the world.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

Other companies go under, transferring their assets to different companies leaving creditors out of pocket and act like nothing ever happened.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tell that to Paddy McCarthy, he admitted that it was the Palace coach driver who was caught short.

Just proves that the Return of the Makh is one of those 10k glory hunting JCL'S who will disappear the moment Palace are relegated, or he would have definitely known about McCarthy telling the truth at the Speroni testimonial evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyJOe9Cgly8

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here